No sound from iPod/phone when connected by USB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2016 Ram PW. Typically connect my iPhone via the USB cord and listen to music apps like iHeart Radio. When I unplugged my phone the music apps would immediately stop playing and the radio would go back to FM or whatever setting it was on before.

Got in my truck the other day, plugged in my phone, and tried to play iHeart Radio. The vehicle screen comes up with the current artist and the progress bar moves like it's playing, but there is no sound and the play/skip/etc... buttons on the vehicle screen are grayed out and don't work. Restarted the truck several times, turned off my phone, plugged in and out, and even tried a different USB cord. Mute on and off on the truck and phone, adjusted volumes, etc... but no sound. The phone function works fine.

I unplugged my phone to see if the app had sound through it and it started playing via Bluetooth to the truck with the correct sound and the control buttons were back active. If I plug my phone back in to the USB cord the sound stops.

Spent some time looking through all the menus and settings and couldn't find anything obvious. It was working a couple weeks ago when we took a family road trip and the wife kept hitting the skip button whenever she didn't like a song that came on and is always constantly adjusting the volume. She also kept messing the the USB cords to hook up the kid's devices to charge and not sure if she unhooked my phone. I know at one time she did hit the wrong button/screen and something happened, but thought it returned to normal.........one of those instances where you don't think anything about it because you are concentrating on something else and don't know exactly what they did or even realize it was a potential problem until later. I thought it worked okay after that

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
U get fixed? Go into Uconnect and remove phone from truck. Turn truck off, open door, close door wait for all systems to close down. Start truck back up and re-pair phone and see it this helps...

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963