No splice Kill switch harness now for Key FOB start for 4th & 5th Gen Ram Trucks!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
The no splice kill switch harness has been tested with key FOB start 4th & 5th Ram Trucks. That's right! Not only does this work with the push to start setup's, but also with those that start with a key FOB you insert and start your truck!

If interested in ordering one of these please follow these steps:
How to order no splice kill switch or order at our new website LINK

No matter what year, make, or model you have for you Ram Truck we've got you covered!

Last edited:

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi Jeff I have a question for you, Do you make any other cables for the Ram trucks, I want to extend the wires from the port you plug into the OBD . I want to remove it from the regular location and move it to the passenger side around the lower glove box area. This way the crooks don't have the port to plug their **** into and copy my fob. plus, it's not like you use this port every day. The things you have to do to keep whats yours today crazy. So I would need a cable extender.

OP
OP
JW2 Innovations

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
Hi Jeff I have a question for you, Do you make any other cables for the Ram trucks, I want to extend the wires from the port you plug into the OBD . I want to remove it from the regular location and move it to the passenger side around the lower glove box area. This way the crooks don't have the port to plug their **** into and copy my fob. plus, it's not like you use this port every day. The things you have to do to keep whats yours today crazy. So I would need a cable extender.
You've got me thinking about this again, but with a different angle. How about moving the ODB2 port to another location like you mention, but leave behind a fake one in it's place. One that looks real, even has wiring to it, but doesn't fully function. If at all. Meaning would be thief hooks up their gear to it but their device can't talk to the vehicle through the OBD2 port fully- cause it's not real. Slows them down, when they look at the OBD2 port it looks real, same pins in same locations where OEM puts them within the OBD2 port....but they just can't get the connection to work.

I'm thinking that if the port is missing all together, they might look up under the dash from the bottom to look to see if the original OBD2 port is tucked up under the dash for some reason. If they did, they might see that's it's plugged into another extension and just disconnect it, plug in, and back to their normal theft approach. But if the ODB2 port were still there, looks real, has shiny pins in it when you look at it visually, it might just delay them enough that they give up. Yes could look up under the dash, but much more time I think would be lost before that would happen vs. if they see it's missing up front.

With either you could get creative with how you hide it up under the dash. Just thinking of how to fake them out by having something in the original location that has some wiring acting somewhat like its trying to connect, but doesn't. So no changes can be made to add another key and steal the truck. Certainly would be frustrating! :)

Thoughts?

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
You've got me thinking about this again, but with a different angle. How about moving the ODB2 port to another location like you mention, but leave behind a fake one in it's place. One that looks real, even has wiring to it, but doesn't fully function. If at all. Meaning would be thief hooks up their gear to it but their device can't talk to the vehicle through the OBD2 port fully- cause it's not real. Slows them down, when they look at the OBD2 port it looks real, same pins in same locations where OEM puts them within the OBD2 port....but they just can't get the connection to work.

I'm thinking that if the port is missing all together, they might look up under the dash from the bottom to look to see if the original OBD2 port is tucked up under the dash for some reason. If they did, they might see that's it's plugged into another extension and just disconnect it, plug in, and back to their normal theft approach. But if the ODB2 port were still there, looks real, has shiny pins in it when you look at it visually, it might just delay them enough that they give up. Yes could look up under the dash, but much more time I think would be lost before that would happen vs. if they see it's missing up front.

With either you could get creative with how you hide it up under the dash. Just thinking of how to fake them out by having something in the original location that has some wiring acting somewhat like its trying to connect, but doesn't. So no changes can be made to add another key and steal the truck. Certainly would be frustrating! :)

Thoughts?
Would be great to have something to fix the device thats being connected from operating ever again. Not only save your truck but damage the crooks equipment.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Thoughts?
Heck of an idea.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Would be great to have something to fix the device thats being connected from operating ever again. Not only save your truck but damage the crooks equipment.

I like that idea but...

The first time I forget to inform a garage and they fry their test gear, who's going to get the bill?

OP
OP
JW2 Innovations

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
I like that idea but...

The first time I forget to inform a garage and they fry their test gear, who's going to get the bill?

Good Question.

The pinout on the ODB2 connector allows for a code reader device to connect to one of the industry standard bus types (3 pairs of pins for BUS/CAN allow up to 5 standard types, along with additional 2 grounds and 1 - 12v pin) that the manufacturer utilizes to communicate with. A protocol that connects across two pins along with ground and 12v power. Newer vendors certainly can also utilize some of the additional 6 pins (out of 16 total) that are left for vendor option specific needs/capabilities - but that doesn't mean they stop using one of the industry standard BUS/CAN sets of pins.

So if you look at different Year/Make/Models you can certainly see a different pin out between them due to how the manufacturer setup the port and which CAN/BUS solution they used (for entire vehicle). Not to mention if they dove into any additional added pins for additional communication you would see them as well. In short, this OBD2 port is just a network connection to speak to their network within the car. With all this said, that is why when you go look at OBD2 connector it will only have the pins populated that are utilized for how they communicate for the protocol they selected when they made the car, and TBH one/two of the options is for much older vehicles and not used any longer in newer vehicles so that narrows down the selection even more. And if one/two/more pins are missing the link to communication just won't work. Hence, hacker/thief can't talk to your car's computer systems to do anything.

So this won't short anything out, but rather just keeps it from working/communicating. At the garage, response if you forget to tell them how to correctly connect to your now hidden OBD2 connector was would be we can't do "xyz" for you that you brought the vehicle in for, which requires the dealer to talk to the cars computer(s). Cause it can't communicate with the car.

Now, if you want to fry someone's gear when trying to steal you vehicle.....that's a totally different discussion. :) And no I won't make the harness for that - sorry. Cause as @RamDiver mentions, someone will forget, and it will come back on them.

Last edited:

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I like the idea of the dummy port in place of the real one, believe it or not, I was thinking of getting an old one from the junkyard and putting it in place of the real one. That is why I want to move the real port over and hide it by the lower glove box location, the glove box inside comes out with no problem, and like I said the port would be used by the dealer or when I need to get a state inspection. So can you make me an extended cable for it? the point where I plug into the real OBD port I would hide it up high in the dash so you could not see it from underneath the dash while looking up. Let me know because I would do this and the kill switch the same day while the dash is apart thanks, brother. besides this could be a new thing to sell I bet others would want it also.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
YUP, BOIRD interested.

OK, here are the Pics requested. I have 2019 RAM 1500, 5.7L, No E Torque, early 5th Gen truck.

IMG_0106.JPGIMG_0107.JPGIMG_0108.JPG

Last edited:

ANGLICO

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 L Hemi

Thoughts?
NOTE: my goal for this is to add time and difficulty to the effort to steal my truck. A multi-layered defense might stop amateur thieves.

Along with my plan of installing a two switch ignition kill switch ( this harness offered here)...

In addition....

I like the idea of a fake OBD2 port in place of the factory installed one.

I will add a simple OBD2 extention cable to move the factory installed male port to the right side of the dash (hidden) and replacing the factory OBD2 port, under the steering wheel bottom access pannel, with a fake OBD2 male port. I don't even care of it is live. It's just there to waste time with and make the thief have to reevaluate risk of effort/time.

Even if they take the time to fish the live OBD2 port... there will still be two other hidden switches. Mayby a third switch if I add a Fuze box switch. (I'm OCD).

Image is of a cheap fake OBD2 port I will use, in the same location as the removed original/live factory installed one. I will install it solidly; not just zip tie.

image001.png

Also, I will keep an inexpensive OBD2 universal reader (female plug) connected so I can always use my phone app to check codes and such. When I go for Smog, I'll just fish it out for the shop mechanic.

So... other than sleeping in my truck with a "bang stick" ........

Last edited:

NETim

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I would be SO tempted to make the fake OBD port a killer port. As in, 12v on one of the data bus pins and ground on the other side of the bus. Fuse the 12v side to protect the truck naturally. 2A fuse would probably make their OBD reader adapter glow cherry red before it melted and/or the fuse popped.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Even if they take the time to fish the live OBD2 port... there will still be two other hidden switches. Mayby a third switch if I add a Fuze box switch.
Que the vehicle thief that backs up to your truck with a flat bed tow truck or a wheel picker. There's a ton of videos on YouTube of vehicles being repossessed, it happens in less than a minute.
People don't question a tow truck hauling a vehicle away even with the alarm going off, this coming from friend of mine who tows cars for living.
Don't get too carried away with multiple kill switches, if they want your vehicle it's gone.

ANGLICO

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 L Hemi
Que the vehicle thief that backs up to your truck with a flat bed tow truck or a wheel picker. There's a ton of videos on YouTube of vehicles being repossessed, it happens in less than a minute.
People don't question a tow truck hauling a vehicle away even with the alarm going off, this coming from friend of mine who tows cars for living.
Don't get too carried away with multiple kill switches, if they want your vehicle it's gone.
True that. No argument that pros are pros. Look at the gang in the Port of Baltimore just busted. All vehicles going to Africa.

When I am not parked on the secure site I work at, I always try to back in.

Like you said, if they want it and are pros, it will be gone.

Can't control for a well coordinated car jacking either.

At least here, we are discussing trying to eliminate a recognized and tangible percentage of risk.

ANGLICO

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 L Hemi
Just got my custom length two switch kill switch harness.

The workmanship will meet ANSI/ISO AS 9100 standards. I should know. I'm a lead auditor.

I ordered and it arrived within days. The little JW2 elves work fast!

Attachments​

• 521306-af49cd7d8a0e92e6f3ea6404f76a679c.jpg
    20231115_192437.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 0

OP
OP
JW2 Innovations

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
Just got my custom length two switch kill switch harness.

The workmanship will meet ANSI/ISO AS 9100 standards. I should know. I'm a lead auditor.

I ordered and it arrived within days. The little JW2 elves work fast!

Attachments​

Hi @ANGLICO and thanks for posting!

We JW2 elves do try to keep up! :)

Please reach out if you need anything else, always glad to help! Anything feedback or general install items you're willing to share about you're experience, thoughts on harness, etc - Please post HERE so all can benefit! Obviously not asking for specific hidden location - just in case right?! :)

Thanks again @ANGLICO

OP
OP
JW2 Innovations

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
I rely on a Trunk Monkey as part of my anti-theft plan.

https://youtu.be/Iyh0bG7FWJg?si=oXFieqcK4uZ5nijL
Lol! Love those video's! Crazy that I found a link some weeks back from a forum that included I guess the whole series of those trunk monkey ad's, some of which I just saw for the first time from the link! For those living in some cities however (and our Canadian friends) you're going to need several approaches to your theft deterrence. I know for the Memphis area, they would not even hesitate to just shoot the trunk monkey immediately! Not to mention anyone else in/around the car. Craziness out there!

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol! Love those video's! Crazy that I found a link some weeks back from a forum that included I guess the whole series of those trunk monkey ad's, some of which I just saw for the first time from the link! For those living in some cities however (and our Canadian friends) you're going to need several approaches to your theft deterrence. I know for the Memphis area, they would not even hesitate to just shoot the trunk monkey immediately! Not to mention anyone else in/around the car. Craziness out there!

You don't believe that having a warning decal on your vehicle would be a significant deterrence?
:cool:

trunk monkey warning.jpg