Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
Hello Ram Forum Members!

New website for the No Splice Kill Switch Harness is now available at: LINK Accepting Paypal, Credit cards, G-Pay, etc.

Update: 1/7/2023 - A new search tool for finding a kill switch harness is now up on the website. If you're looking for a kill switch solution, come check it out!!

If you have Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep or RAM - we most likely have a kill switch harness for you!
Here's a list of other vehicles we have kill switch harnesses for - HERE

Please check out my How to install a No Splice Kill Switch Harness instruction located - HERE

For those who've already reviewed my original thread Hello Everyone! from JW2 Innovations I wanted to put a shorter thread together on ordering one of these No Spice Kill Switch Harness'

We now offer ready to install kits for both our 1 kill switch harness, as well as our 2 kill switch harness which you can find by searching on the website for your year/make/model.
These kits include the following items:
- 1 Kill Switch Harness kit includes the 1 kill switch harness, 4.8mm ends w/heat shrink attached, and a 20mm rocker switch.
- 2 Kill Switch Harness kit includes the 2 kill switch harness, both harness leads with 4.8mm w/heat shrink ends, and 2X - 20mm rocker switches.

You can still order the 1 kill switch harness, and the 2 kill switch harness as we've always had to create your own custom solution. Adding 4.8mm blade ends w/heat shrink, the 6.3mm blade ends w/heat shrink, and both the 4.8mm post rocker switch, as well as the ready to solder 20mm rocker switch as we've always sold if you are doing something special with your install! ;) All of these are under your vehicle type when you search on the website or use the links above.

The 1 kill switch harness starts at 2ft with 20awg copper tinned wire wrapped in black harness cloth tape with options all the way up to 10ft.

Assembled Harness with Tesa Tape v2.jpg

The 2 Kill Switch Harness starts at 2ft with 20awg copper tinned wire wrapped in black harness cloth tape with options all the way up to 10ft!

20231015_160323.jpg

Add on options at the time of ordering your harness:

4.8mm or 6.3mm blade ends crimped to the end of the harness with heat shrink is available.

Photo is for comparison of the two different sizes.
Blade size option.jpg

Example with 4.8mm blade connector ends added w/heat shrink
4.8mm combined.png

Example with 6.3mm blade connector ends added w/heat shrink
6.3mm combined.png

Round Switches offered - using 20mm hole in each round switch below:

Round Rocker switch 2 pin with soldered cable and connections w/heat shrink (you would simply solder this to the long cable of the harness if you prefer this approach, or use butt connectors instead of solder if you chose - while installing your hidden switch)
round rocker with soldered wiring.jpg

Round Rocker switch 2 pin and 4.8mm blade connectors.
Round 2 pin on off switch.jpg

Once you have determined the harness with options above please place your order by one of the following methods:

1) (Fastest method) Use the new website for the No Splice Kill Switch Harness is now available at: LINK Accepting Paypal, Credit cards, G-Pay, etc. Make sure you create an account and login to the site before placing an order.
Canadian friends - you can now order on the site for your Canadian delivery addresses!

2) Or send me a Private Message (PM) here on this site.

Where to send a PM on this site:

PM instructions.jpg

Please include your name, mailing address, and email for paypal so I can get a quote for the total with shipping. Here is an example of what to send me when placing an order.

John Smith
1234 Example Road
Fall Creek, MS 12345
[email protected] (example only)

Example order sent via PM: Harness w/ extended 2ft with 4.8mm end and a round rocker switch without attached wires.

Example of my response to your PM order will be with your actual shipping cost like seen here:
Harness - $34.00
2 additional feet with black harness cloth tape applied - $5.00
4.8mm ends attached with heat shrink - $3.00
Round Rocker switch (indicate with or without attached wires)- $2.50
Shipping (will be your actual cost from zip 38654 to address you provide) Example here - $4.56
Total $49.06

Once you verify your order with shipping I'll send you a Paypal invoice. Upon receipt of payment your harness is shipped out! Tracking via email will be provided so you can see where your harness is at all the way to your house.

Please reach out if you have any questions. I have harness' in hand ready to go!!

Last edited:

Travelin Ram

Reaction score
Somewhere in NA. Probably. We travel a lot.
Ram Year
Engine
I’d order one today if you took credit cards. I’d be fine with mailing you cash in advance. PayPal is not a payment method I will ever use again, due to some previous negative experiences.

And I do not have Venmo or any similar pay by email systems enabled on my financial accounts. And will not.

I realize credit cards are a pain for smaller vendors, however I’m entirely comfortable paying a CC surcharge in exchange for the peace of mind that comes with the banking system taking on the risks.

It’s not the risk of losing money dealing with YOU I’m concerned about; it’s the risk of connecting bank accounts to payment systems that do not have adequate fraud protection and prevention baked into the legal system.

OP
OP
JW2 Innovations

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
I’d order one today if you took credit cards. I’d be fine with mailing you cash in advance. PayPal is not a payment method I will ever use again, due to some previous negative experiences.

And I do not have Venmo or any similar pay by email systems enabled on my financial accounts. And will not.

I realize credit cards are a pain for smaller vendors, however I’m entirely comfortable paying a CC surcharge in exchange for the peace of mind that comes with the banking system taking on the risks.

It’s not the risk of losing money dealing with YOU I’m concerned about; it’s the risk of connecting bank accounts to payment systems that do not have adequate fraud protection and prevention baked into the legal system.
Hi @Travelin Ram , I totally understand. Right now I'm not quite there yet with taking CC's directly, but I know we can figure this out so you can get one of these in your truck. I'll PM you so we can do that. Thanks for reaching out!

Ternsdorff

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello Ram Forum Members!

For those who've already reviewed my original thread Hello Everyone! from JW2 Innovations I wanted to put a shorter thread together on ordering one of these No Spice Kill Switch Harness'

The harness - includes 2ft of 20awg wire with tesa tape for $20.00:
View attachment 518091

If you want additional length added to the 2ft length that comes with the harness while also being covered with tesa tape - $2.00 per additional foot

4.8mm or 6.3mm blade ends crimped to the end of the 2ft cable with heat shrink for $3.00
View attachment 518092

Round Rocker switch 2 pin with soldered cable and connections already heat shrinked - $2.00 (you would simply solder this to the long cable of the harness if you prefer this approach.)
View attachment 518094

Round Rocker switch 2 pin and 4.8mm blade connectors: $2.00
View attachment 518189

Once you have determined the harness with options above, please send me a PM here on this site, with that detail and your mailing address and email for paypal (venmo option coming soon!) so I can get a quote for the total with shipping. Here is an example of what to send me when placing an order.

John Smith
1234 Example Road
Fall Creek, MS 12345

Example order sent via PM: Harness w/ extended 2ft with 4.8mm end and a round rocker switch with 2pins.

Example of my response to your PM order will be with your actual shipping cost like seen here:
Harness - $20.00
2 additional feet with vesa tape applied - $4.00
Round Rocker switch - $2.00
Shipping (will be your actual cost from zip 38654 to address you provide) Example here - $4.56
Total $33.56

Once you verify your order with shipping I'll send you a Paypal invoice. Upon receipt of payment your harness is shipped out! Tracking via email will be provided so you can see where your harness is at all the way to your house.

Please reach out if you have any questions. I have harness' in hand ready to go!!
I tried to pm for an order. Not sure I did it correctly.

Travis

Odin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Out of curiosity, do you know if this could somehow be wired to one of the OEM aux switches in the switch panels instead of having a separate button installed?

Jane S

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello Ram Forum Members!

The harness - includes 2ft of 20awg wire with tesa tape for $20.00:
View attachment 518091

If you want additional length added to the 2ft length that comes with the harness while also being covered with tesa tape - $2.00 per additional foot

4.8mm or 6.3mm blade ends crimped to the end of the 2ft cable with heat shrink for $3.00
View attachment 518092

Example with 4.8mm crimped ends added Before heat shrink applied for the $3.00 add on:
View attachment 521363

Round Rocker switch 2 pin with soldered cable and connections already heat shrinked - $2.00 (you would simply solder this to the long cable of the harness if you prefer this approach, or use butt connectors instead of solder if you chose - while installing your hidden switch)
View attachment 518094

Round Rocker switch 2 pin and 4.8mm blade connectors: $2.00
View attachment 518189

Once you have determined the harness with options above, please send me a PM here on this site, with that detail and your mailing address and email for paypal (venmo option coming soon!) so I can get a quote for the total with shipping. Here is an example of what to send me when placing an order.

John Smith
1234 Example Road
Fall Creek, MS 12345

Example order sent via PM: Harness w/ extended 2ft with 4.8mm end and a round rocker switch with 2pins.

Harness - $20.00
2 additional feet with vesa tape applied - $4.00
Round Rocker switch - $2.00
Total $33.56

I don't think you are charging enough.

Have you put together a Youtube video for the question: How to install?

Canadaram03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’d sure like to order one of these. Trying to figure out how to pm you with my info

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’d sure like to order one of these. Trying to figure out how to pm you with my info

Scroll up to post #5, mouse over JW2 Innovations, and select start conversation. Then write your note to Jeff, and that's it.

PM instructions.jpg

BTW, I have installed one of these kits in my Warlock and am much happier knowing it's there.

If you have access to a US shipping address, the shipping will likely be much cheaper than shipping to Canada.

OP
OP
JW2 Innovations

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
Out of curiosity, do you know if this could somehow be wired to one of the OEM aux switches in the switch panels instead of having a separate button installed?
Sorry for the delay in response. I'm sure this is possible, but I haven't gone that route due to fear of button mashers trying all buttons they see to try and get the vehicle to start.

Anyone else done this that can chime in?

Canadaram03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I used to know a guy who travelled back and forth but he retired .

I’m going to have to bite thebbullet and have it shipped to the great white north. South of Detroit actually and I figured out how to send him a message .

Awaiting his reply, I’d feel a lot better knowing I had one of them things installed

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Remove 2 screws holding the kick panel over the bottom of the steering column.
I also removed a small 2-pin connector on the backside of the kick panel and lowered the panel into the footwell. The hood release will remain attached.
Unplug the connector on the backside of the start switch.
Connect the harness assembly to the backside of the start switch.
Replace the original connector removed from the backside of the start switch onto the harness assembly.
Install your preferred kill switch in an undisclosed & secret location and connect it to the single pair of wires from the harness assembly.

Now, visualize. This kit is painfully simple to install. :cool:

The best possible method to see the installation would be to remove the kick panel and you will see the backside of the start switch. This should take no more than a minute or two.

Inspect the connectors on the kill switch harness assembly to locate the release tab before removing the connector on the start switch.

Try removing and then replacing the connector on the start switch, just to get the feel. That's it. :cool:

This is a view of the backside of the start switch with the connector removed, after removing the kick panel.

Ram start switch.jpg

Last edited:

Canadaram03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
He’s just replied, he’s on vacation.

I’m glad I joined this place. I was on dodge talk 20 years ago and it was ok for a while

OP
OP
JW2 Innovations

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine

Video no, but getting close to having step by step to post here done.

I hear you on amount charged. I don't make that much making these, but for me I'm trying to help others since I myself have received so much help with items I've needed or wanted from this forum. Good things always come back to you when you give them is what I believe as well, so I'm good with it. :)

OP
OP
JW2 Innovations

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
Remove 2 screws holding the kick panel over the bottom of the steering column.
Unplug the connector on the backside of the start switch.
Connect the harness assembly to the backside of the start switch.
Replace the original connector removed from the backside of the start switch onto the harness assembly.
Install your preferred kill switch in an undisclosed & secret location and connect it to the single pair of wires from the harness assembly.

Now, visualize. This kit is painfully simple to install. :cool:

The best possible method to see the installation would be to remove the kick panel and you will see the backside of the start switch. This should take no more than a minute or two.

Inspect the connectors on the harness assembly to locate the release tab before removing the connector on the start switch.

Try removing and then replacing the connector on the start switch, just to get the feel. That's it. :cool:

Thanks Michael! You're the best sir!

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I considered doing this type of installation too but then decided against it because...

I'm sure this is possible, but I haven't gone that route due to fear of button mashers trying all buttons they see to try and get the vehicle to start.

As Jeff mentioned, any unidentified button may get pressed in a button-mashing fit. I wouldn't risk it, my switch is well hidden.

This might be a good time to mention that, on my Warlock, the current draw on the start switch line was only 35 mA. This allows using a very small switch instead of a larger, higher current toggle or button switch.

Odin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Sorry for the delay in response. I'm sure this is possible, but I haven't gone that route due to fear of button mashers trying all buttons they see to try and get the vehicle to start.

I considered doing this type of installation too but then decided against it because...

As Jeff mentioned, any unidentified button may get pressed in a button-mashing fit. I wouldn't risk it, my switch is well hidden.

This might be a good time to mention that, on my Warlock, the current draw on the start switch line was only 35 mA. This allows using a very small switch instead of a larger, higher current toggle or button switch.

I get what both of you are saying. But in my professional experience, car thieves aren't staying long if a car won't start unless it's at night and a low light area. They go for the easy ones. Still running, stole a spare set when they burged a house/vehicle, using a scanner then push button and go, jiggle keys, etc. Most aren't gonna start mashing buttons. If the car doesn't start, they gone.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I get what both of you are saying. But in my professional experience, car thieves aren't staying long if a car won't start unless it's at night and a low light area. They go for the easy ones. Still running, stole a spare set when they burged a house/vehicle, using a scanner then push button and go, jiggle keys, etc. Most aren't gonna start mashing buttons. If the car doesn't start, they gone.

If in your professional opinion, it's a safe risk, I'd say, go for it. You can buy a Mopar switch panel that has auxiliary switches that could be used.

Unfortunately, I've never seen individual switches, only a complete switch bar that contains no blanks, like our existing switch bars.

The complete switch bar will likely cost significantly more than an individual toggle switch but will have a cleaner finish to the mod.

You might find useful info in this thread.

Last edited:

DickLowman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Am I understanding that this switch is on the starter circuit, not on a run circuit, so that once started the vehicle will run regardless of switch position? If so then will it not have to be manually switched off to function as intended? And if so, could a push button switch be used to avoid having to remember to turn it off?

I'm with the others who avoid PayPal. What about sending a check?

Odin

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
If in your professional opinion, it's a safe risk, I'd say, go for it. You can buy a Mopar switch panel that has auxiliary switches that could be used.

Unfortunately, I've never seen individual switches, only a complete switch bar that contains no blanks, like our existing switch bars.

The complete switch bar will likely cost significantly more than an individual toggle switch but will have a cleaner finish to the mod.

You might find useful info in this thread.

It is a safe risk to take. I haven't yet seen a car thief try to figure out why a vehicle won't start. They wanna get in and get away with it as soon as possible. They aren't gonna hang around to potentially get caught. Same goes for the ones who break into vehicles, center console, glove box, what's in the back seat and gone. Less than roughly 30 seconds from time they are in and out of the vehicle.

I asked the question because some people might want a more OEM type mode with this since the wiring is actually fairly basic. Especially if they already have un-used aux switches. I like a clean OEM look, but I'm not opposed to the super cool James Bond'esc hidden button.