Not happy with exhaust needs to be louder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badkelly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I know these threads get repetitive but I just have a flow master muffler and been looking for a nice loud refined exhaust catback, I like the magnaflow with 5in tips but hate the muffler is so big and Borla is really expensive, I want a new catback my pipes are getting old and degraded and want a change any ideas?

Two Dog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM RCSB Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
One thing I found, is that the exhaust note is much quieter in the cab than it is outside. Have someone do some drive-by's and floor it a few times while you listen.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Express
Engine
I know these threads get repetitive but I just have a flow master muffler and been looking for a nice loud refined exhaust catback, I like the magnaflow with 5in tips but hate the muffler is so big and Borla is really expensive, I want a new catback my pipes are getting old and degraded and want a change any ideas?

18" magnaflow, remove the resonators, run 5" tips with a bit of length. Even try a 14" magnaflow with that setup

Talon_66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My neighbour just put on a Spintech 9000 series muffler. His truck sounds like a beast.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I've got an MBRP cat back with 5" tips. Sounds pretty nasty! Hardly any drone and isn't loud enough to get annoying on long trips.

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Carven Exhaust These guys seem to make good quality mufflers that sound really good. They have a prototype catback exhaust on a 4th Gen already and should be releasing it soon.

OP
OP
B

badkelly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I did a lot of digging and found the flowmaster outlaw series is the sound im looking for, it's a nice aggressive rumble plus I can get it for 690 buck compared to 1079 for the Borla now I can put that extra money towards a TC or long tubes

Buddy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Carven Exhaust These guys seem to make good quality mufflers that sound really good. They have a prototype catback exhaust on a 4th Gen already and should be releasing it soon.

Holy cow!! They're muffler for the Ram sounds absolutely amazing!!! One of the best notes I've heard. Very impressed
Their vids for the cars they have up all sound crazy badass.

CLOUDL1GHT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins HO
Flowmaster 50 series HD, no resonators, and new y-pipe. Used to also have a muffler delete but it got too loud. The 50 series quieted it just a little and it's still nice and loud. It's the best setup and it sounds better in my mind than my dad's who has an 18" mufflex and new y-pipe.

Hemi8073

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Seems like spintechs and SLP are favorites for the loud crowd.

RamED

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Run a Cherry Bomb Extreme with no resonators - $45 for muffler plus install or a flowmaster super 10. Lots of sound for the money. If you can do it yourself you will save a few hundred $ on the install..

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
Do you still have your resonators. My flowmaster with no resonators is plenty loud enough.

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Holy cow!! They're muffler for the Ram sounds absolutely amazing!!! One of the best notes I've heard. Very impressed
Their vids for the cars they have up all sound crazy badass.

I'm really liking the sound of the ram on their YouTube page

Sent from the Rocket in my Pocket

:favorites13: +1 ... Love love love the clips I've heard, I'll be ordering soon!

Yah I think it sounds bad ass. I think I'll have to order one soon also.

dkmesa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've got an MBRP cat back with 5" tips. Sounds pretty nasty! Hardly any drone and isn't loud enough to get annoying on long trips.

so yours is the youtube video i've watched several times to help me decide!

DTECH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
did a mufflex dodm80 which is replacing the muffler with a y pipe and leaving stock resos sounds bad ass on take off and idle with no interior drone whatsoever...and its a bolt on

Eric

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 4X4 Outdoorsmen Crew Cab
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I just installed a 18" Magnaflow, left the resonators on and I love the deep throaty sound, not too aggressive and NO drone in the cab……...