Not Much AC Vent Air Flow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dan Lockwood

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
Is it just me or does the '12 RAM's just have a weak fan?

I get air, but not half as much as my other two vehicles have, Terrain and Murano.

It will eventually get somewhat cold, but it's just lacking in the blow power area.

I checked to see if my cabin air filter was plugged, but I do not have one. So I have to assume there's no restrictions in my duct work to slow things down.

Any thoughts on air flow? Are others seeing the same thing?

Thanks in advance!

Dan

gypsy400

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Clean the evaporator in the dash, this is what a cabin air filter should protect.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

OP
OP
D

Dan Lockwood

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
I'll be doing a LOT of work on the truck this weekend. I'll have both front seats out doing lower replacement cushion covers and foam on the driver's side. I'll take a look up under the dash at that time. I know I do NOT have a cabin filter, so that's not plugged.

Also heard that some diverter flap breaks off and can plug things up, but I do have good separation from the AC to heat, so have to assume all of my divert flaps are still working correctly.

Thanks, Dan

pontiac69

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'll be doing a LOT of work on the truck this weekend. I'll have both front seats out doing lower replacement cushion covers and foam on the driver's side. I'll take a look up under the dash at that time. I know I do NOT have a cabin filter, so that's not plugged.

Also heard that some diverter flap breaks off and can plug things up, but I do have good separation from the AC to heat, so have to assume all of my divert flaps are still working correctly.

Thanks, Dan

I need to replace my drivers seat lower cover. Please any input or tips you have on replacing would be helpful. Thanks