Not sure if the lift pump is working correctly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Handyservicesdn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
So I have a 99 ram Cummins 24 valve. So here’s my issue I’m not sure if my lift pump is working properly I just replaced it with a FASS one and for a while when you turn the key forward and the wait to start light came on the pump would be running. Now when you turn the key forward the pump doesn’t come on the wait to start light comes on then goes off the pump still is not running until you at least pump it and then the pump starts running. The pump also if The truck is running and you go to shut it off you can hear the pump running for about 10 or 15 seconds afterwards. We thought maybe the ECM was going out or has an issue but I am not sure so anybody have any ideas on what might be going on. I just got done replacing the crankshaft position sensor and I was told that if that didn’t fix the problem then it’s probably the ECM something in that has gone bad but now it seems to have changed what’s going on. Like I said it the pump does not come on until you at least bump the motor and since it’s mounted on the side of the engine I cannot tell if the pump is running when the engine is running because it’s just vibrate so bad and you can’t hear it so please let me know if anybody has any ideas on whether it seems to be OK or not. Thank you very much

Policeboss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
I put a FASS system in my 2014 Ram 3500 SRW. About a year later I added a gauge cluster with an inline fuel pressure gauge. It was reading zero. My FASS pump was so quiet I couldn’t hear it running. I called FASS they had me remove the pressure regulator on the pump, clean it and stretch the spring and reconnected the hose and 19psi.

The regulator is behind the hose fitting at he FASS pump that feeds your HP pump