Anyone had this issue before? how to fix it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xcrytonx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
diesel 6.7
Ok im lost, had doge trucks before and replaced the blower motor and everything was great. I have 2017 now that i purchased new and the blower motor stopped working.
I replaced the blower motor, fuse, resistor and the filter. Still does not work! Disconnected my batteries for half hour in hopes to reset, nothing, still don't work.
Any clues? Any help?
What is left? tried doing searches for help but that is just a convoluted mess. Hoping someone here will have some idea of what to check or replace.

Last edited:

Jeepwalker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Reg Cab, 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Underhood relay (if there is one)? Controller?

You're saying it doesn't work on any speed? If you know a guy with a 'good' scan tool, I think a guy ought to be able to read HVAC codes. Maybe a parts store like Autozone and/or OReilly Auto can navigate to the HVAC controller section in the software, and give you a free scan. Maybe it'll indicate if there's an error. Or you can try to engage the fan and see what it spits back.

Last edited:

Ken226

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Ok im lost, had doge trucks before and replaced the blower motor and everything was great. I have 2017 now that i purchased new and the blower motor stopped working.
I replaced the blower motor, fuse, resistor and the filter. Still does not work! Disconnected my batteries for half hour in hopes to reset, nothing, still don't work.
Any clues? Any help?
What is left? tried doing searches for help but that is just a convoluted mess. Hoping someone here will have some idea of what to check or replace.

Did it work at all, before you replaced it? Usually they fail due to bad bearings, and still rotate, just slowly and loudly.

If it was completely dead and not rotating before you replaced it, perhaps the blower motor wasn't the problem and now you own 2 good blower motors.

Use a multimeter and check for voltage at the blower motor connector.