Numerous electrical glitches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sotired

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Hello all - my son has a 2004 Ram 1500, 5.7L, automatic transmission, 4x4 with approx. 130,000 miles. Last week a few electrical glitches all showed up at once. The radio was cutting in and out, the odometer display was flickering, the AC would turn on by itself, and the blower fan would cut in and out. The symptoms went away for a few days but started up again this morning. They were gone in the afternoon. The truck is running fine otherwise. Any thoughts on the culprit? I would assume it would be 1 root cause as the symptoms seem to appear and disappear at roughly the same time? Am I looking at a TIPM issue? Thanks in advance.

Burn2k12Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
First and foremost get a new battery. Sometimes good battery test results can be wrong and miss-leading. Then go from there before going down the rabbit hole.

MikeT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Check, clean and lube (dielectric grease) all ground connections at the battery and frame etc.

Mike

OP
OP
S

Sotired

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Thanks for the suggestions. Like mentioned, I'll start with the battery and surrounding connections.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
corumba