OBOMETER RESET?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nicatine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
ANYONE KNOWS HOW TO CHANGE OBOMETER ON A RAM 1500 2017 ? AS I HAVE UPGRADE FROM A 3" SCREEN TO A 7"

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk

Sandevino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
You can’t flash the mileage yourself. Take it to the dealer and they can flash it a hundred or so miles ahead of your 3” allowing you to get home and swap it when the mileage is close.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
You might want to read through the AlfaOBD thread. From what I've read about updating the EVIC cluster mileage and engine hours can be dependent on what equipment you use.
https://www.ramforum.com/threads/alfaobd.123982/
There have been a few members on here that have successfully done the cluster upgrade and updated the mileage and engine hours.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can’t flash the mileage yourself. Take it to the dealer and they can flash it a hundred or so miles ahead of your 3” allowing you to get home and swap it when the mileage is close.

Your not gonna find any dealer that can or will mess with an odometer.... there’s only two ways to get it adjusted. Send it someone who can adjust it or adjust it yourself with AlfaOBD.

Sandevino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
Your not gonna find any dealer that can or will mess with an odometer.... there’s only two ways to get it adjusted. Send it someone who can adjust it or adjust it yourself with AlfaOBD.

Interesting. My dealer flashed mine.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Interesting. My dealer flashed mine.

Wow, never heard of anyone being successful at getting a dealer to do it. Usually when the replace an odometer they have to have the factory send it preprogrammed.

OP
OP
N

nicatine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have tried many times on my obd link mx + using alpha obd app still unsuccessful still won't take it feel Iike I've tried everything, tried under 3.5 and 7" cluster still nothing can't even change the idle and driving time , I've even done the conversion from miles to km I'm in Canada, not sure what time doing wrong , any suggestions?
Getting frustrated. Seeing guys on YouTube having no issue doing so .

Sent from my SM-G988W using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thoffmann517