Odd Brake Noises

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2ndgenramman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 5.2
Hey guys, this is only my second post on here so bear with me. I noticed recently that my brakes ( I think ) are making a noise when Im cruising at slower speeds. It almost sounds like they are grinding slightly but Im not actually braking. I also noticed in the rear that my brakes are creaking sort of like an old door that needs wd-40. Any help would be appreciated. I am going to put the truck up on jacks this weekend but would like to know what the heck to look for. Already checked pads on front and they have about half left. Rear are drum brakes.

thanks!

BAILEY1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 RAM 2500
Engine
Dat Cummins!
If you are hearing a grinding noise in the front, then you might want to check your front wheel bearings or hubs if its a 4X4. The creaking noise in the rear could be anything. I would definitely remove the drums and have a look to see if the brakes are worn or the drum has a groove in it.

OP
OP
2ndgenramman

2ndgenramman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum 5.2
I just replaced my u joint on the front axle about 2 weeks ago and the hub was good. However, I didn't look at the rotor...could that be an issue? And yea I guess ill have to take the rear drums off. Dang it I hate doing that job. I appreciate the response!