Oem bumper replacement help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Booner21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
Screwed up and cut the wheels to sharp and caught my flatbed trailer with the front bumper backing out of my driveway. Have a dent in it that is going to bother me. Truck is a 2017 tradesman 2500 gas, scouring the internet and found some at car Id for sub 200 range. Looking for reviews if anyone has usd them. Seems like oem are 500 or better for that price may as well get a off-road one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SeppW

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I'd stick with OEM if that's where want to be. The OE look-alikes on the market are, IMO, cheap, inferior substitutes. I'm sure you've seen any custom bumper that is worthwhile are in the $1K range and up. I do like the AEV bumper, but $2300+ is more than I'm willing to pay for a bumper.

Last edited:

WY.Ram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I finally cringed and bought off-road, $2k for a bumper, i've been pissed ever since about the Cost, even though It looks Super sic now, Imo, but $2K and up, it's bs, the bumper should be closer to $600.

the $2k is Just the beginning. Then You get to spend money on all the **** that goes on a bumper, winch fairlead, fog lights (and other lights), shackles, shackle mounts, decent hardware. etc.

I think after lighting and other Items i'm closer to about $2700 ~ So overpriced & so much work to get setup, at least mine has been, mostly because the $2k was nothing but an empty shell with a bunch ot holes in it.

But I do like mine enough that I won't be going back to my OE bumper. which means I probably have a 2016 2500 Power Wagon bumper for sale. In near perfect shape with LED bulbs in the factory fogs, factory wiring for the fogs, the plastic air dam, I'd even include the factory tow hooks and license plate holder (lol). Bumper is Black now but can be chrome again if so preferred.

I'd re wrap it if someone wanted, any color too. the bumper is big but really not too heavy, guessing 40Lbs ~ ish.

I'm in CO, if Interested I will photograph. totally cool if not, I suspect not, I suppose the shipping Wouldnt really work out but it's here hanging on my shop wall for pickup or I'd meet part way.

No Idea how much. I'd figure that out if anyone cared.lol. I would also complete the forum formalities before any sale is discussed.

This is a pic on the truck so You can see the style. And a plc of new one a couple weeks ago, still unfinished photo so please don't Judge to harshly, lol

b6cb1df308c08bd6668ca3e6db626ec7.jpg140db57d24d6e1e29a69555c1bc55a84.jpg

'16 Wagon Greene tune feed'n & fire'n 6.4L with 6spd 5.13 AAM, 37" KM3, -12mm Fuels Thuren Overland, DOR, Purple Cranium CAI, ARH, Solo Mach44 z36, EBC Custom vinyl AVS, 4% tint Morimoto, Rigid, Diode Dynamics AlfaOBD, Diablo, Nanny Kill, Locker bypass .................

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Booner21, what style front bumper? There's like 5 variations of 4th gen front bumpers. The simplest is the black painted steel, then the chrome w/out fogs like my 2019 SLT has, etc..etc.

The plastic body colored bumpers w/ fogs is a bunch of separate pieces that are ordered individually.

WY.Ram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Booner21, what style front bumper? There's like 5 variations of 4th gen front bumpers. The simplest is the black painted steel, then the chrome w/out fogs like my 2019 SLT has, etc..etc.

The plastic body colored bumpers w/ fogs is a bunch of separate pieces that are ordered individually.
Whats the cost on the paint matched plastic bumper. approx? If you know off hand, If not no worries? Tia

'16 Wagon Greene tune feed'n & fire'n 6.4L with 6spd 5.13 AAM, 37" KM3, -12mm Fuels Thuren Overland, DOR, Purple Cranium CAI, ARH, Solo Mach44 z36, EBC Custom vinyl AVS, 4% tint Morimoto, Rigid, Diode Dynamics AlfaOBD, Diablo, Nanny Kill, Locker bypass .................

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Whats the cost on the paint matched plastic bumper. approx? If you know off hand, If not no worries? Tia

Paint work alone done decently would probably be in the $300-400 range. Paint is ridiculously expensive, so is the prep work.

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
I finally cringed and bought off-road, $2k for a bumper, i've been pissed ever since about the Cost, even though It looks Super sic now, Imo, but $2K and up, it's bs, the bumper should be closer to $600.

the $2k is Just the beginning. Then You get to spend money on all the **** that goes on a bumper, winch fairlead, fog lights (and other lights), shackles, shackle mounts, decent hardware. etc.

I think after lighting and other Items i'm closer to about $2700 ~ So overpriced & so much work to get setup, at least mine has been, mostly because the $2k was nothing but an empty shell with a bunch ot holes in it.

But I do like mine enough that I won't be going back to my OE bumper. which means I probably have a 2016 2500 Power Wagon bumper for sale. In near perfect shape with LED bulbs in the factory fogs, factory wiring for the fogs, the plastic air dam, I'd even include the factory tow hooks and license plate holder (lol). Bumper is Black now but can be chrome again if so preferred.

I'd re wrap it if someone wanted, any color too. the bumper is big but really not too heavy, guessing 40Lbs ~ ish.

I'm in CO, if Interested I will photograph. totally cool if not, I suspect not, I suppose the shipping Wouldnt really work out but it's here hanging on my shop wall for pickup or I'd meet part way.

No Idea how much. I'd figure that out if anyone cared.lol. I would also complete the forum formalities before any sale is discussed.

This is a pic on the truck so You can see the style. And a plc of new one a couple weeks ago, still unfinished photo so please don't Judge to harshly, lol

b6cb1df308c08bd6668ca3e6db626ec7.jpg140db57d24d6e1e29a69555c1bc55a84.jpg

That looks really sharp on your truck!

OP
OP
B

Booner21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4

Tradesman with chrome package No fogs. definitely not tied to oem but not sure I want to drop 2k on a bumper yet.

I agree that bumper looks fantastic,

Truck is in the background disregard the water balloon fight going on.
Let me know what you want for that bumper I
May be interested zip is 62231.

1cafd4dce2345cbb946a3d54c26e46d5.jpg

Last edited:

PoMansRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Tradesman with chrome package definitely not tied to oem but not sure I want to drop 2k on a bumper yet.

Seems like the Rona drove the prices up on everything.

About 1.5yrs ago I recall some similar looking black painted steel rugged/off-road style bumpers were going for $500 ish with LED fog light kits.

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
I ran into a landscaping rock within 3 weeks of getting the truck. Around here craigslist has plenty of bumpers. I got mine for $150 and see plenty in the $200-300 range.

OP
OP
B

Booner21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
I have been searching for about a week, seems all of them I have found have a dent bigger than the one on my truck currently.

WY.Ram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Shoot sorry to lag, funeral to attend, as such events do, this one occupied my mind.

I'll list out what I looked up and where I'm landing and I will include some really bad pics I just took. Mostly to satisfy the forum selling policy. Because they are bad, and i can barely figure out how the bumper is situated. But they might show a little bit. Ill do more tomorrow when I can get a better angle.

I would make the bumper available to you in its OEM chrome version. One of my hopes with the pics was to show the chrome and really assess its condition. The black vinyl is pitted like crazy, I have highway miles and it shows. The interstate speeds are 85mph here, Damn near no matter what. Some of the pitting made it through to the chrome, i will photo it, but i have to pull a bit more vinyl off so we can see the forward facing surface. I will do this by tomorrow cob-ish. I dont think its terrible but its present.

This bumper new, chrome no fogs - $540
This bumper $200 (includes black plastic airdam but no mounting hardware. I reused on my offie bumper.)

These fogs new $134
These fogs $40 (i have a clear ppf material over the fog lens, these will be in excellent condition, no yellowing or pitting)

Tow hooks new - $240 (crazy)
These hooks, perfect condition - $100

Ok Ill upload photos of the claims I'm making and anything else you would like to see.

Sorry the pics suck, but it covers the protocol, and shows that at least one corner of the bumper is shiny[emoji16]619a39a3e26554304c7f7b08f14cefb4.jpg313ce1daf3805f8d457d3b4d33488113.jpgc317cfa197d551875f0d27f6d7dc8319.jpg

OP
OP
B

Booner21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
Shoot sorry to lag, funeral to attend, as such events do, this one occupied my mind.

I'll list out what I looked up and where I'm landing and I will include some really bad pics I just took. Mostly to satisfy the forum selling policy. Because they are bad, and i can barely figure out how the bumper is situated. But they might show a little bit. Ill do more tomorrow when I can get a better angle.

I would make the bumper available to you in its OEM chrome version. One of my hopes with the pics was to show the chrome and really assess its condition. The black vinyl is pitted like crazy, I have highway miles and it shows. The interstate speeds are 85mph here, Damn near no matter what. Some of the pitting made it through to the chrome, i will photo it, but i have to pull a bit more vinyl off so we can see the forward facing surface. I will do this by tomorrow cob-ish. I dont think its terrible but its present.

This bumper new, chrome no fogs - $540
This bumper $200 (includes black plastic airdam but no mounting hardware. I reused on my offie bumper.)

These fogs new $134
These fogs $40 (i have a clear ppf material over the fog lens, these will be in excellent condition, no yellowing or pitting)

Tow hooks new - $240 (crazy)
These hooks, perfect condition - $100

Ok Ill upload photos of the claims I'm making and anything else you would like to see.

Sorry the pics suck, but it covers the protocol, and shows that at least one corner of the bumper is shiny[emoji16]619a39a3e26554304c7f7b08f14cefb4.jpg313ce1daf3805f8d457d3b4d33488113.jpgc317cfa197d551875f0d27f6d7dc8319.jpg

I am in IL I am guessing may double the cost to ship it. My truck only has 15k I will think on it. Shop just quoted me 800 for a chrome oem installed.

Firetruck41

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 Mega Cab Hemi 5.7
Screwed up and cut the wheels to sharp and caught my flatbed trailer with the front bumper backing out of my driveway. Have a dent in it that is going to bother me. Truck is a 2017 tradesman 2500 gas, scouring the internet and found some at car Id for sub 200 range. Looking for reviews if anyone has usd them. Seems like oem are 500 or better for that price may as well get a off-road one.

Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace were made for this! I would search those for a week or two, you will probably come across an OEM bumper at a good price not too far away from you.:cheers:

WY.Ram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I swapped my tradesmen to the up-level paintable bumper (like $220 on Amazon), and had that. The rear bumper and grill painted for $450 3095f86dd3101fcabb49ebcbc0aba45f.jpg

looks ****'n!

lpfm1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
looks ****'n!

Just need to get to the rims and step bars at some point... [emoji23], been saying that for 4 years since I bought the truck, and more so the past year since I did the bumper/grill/headlights/badges...

Side note, love having the fogs and light bar on the aux switch panel, it’s daylight when I have everything on [emoji23]

WY.Ram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I am in IL I am guessing may double the cost to ship it. My truck only has 15k I will think on it. Shop just quoted me 800 for a chrome oem installed.

UPS ground $105, thats from me to 1st street rd and Pipeline rd. (I just threw a dart). Ill do shipping, so if you want it $205 ncludes shipping, eight bolts and you have dent free bumper.
Totally cool if not, because if you do I gotta deal with it and it won't be this week, I can say that. I'd leave the fogs in in it as well. It'd look empty with out em and what the heck.
Like I say, totally cool if not. Its more trouble then the shop option thats for sure.
Good looking truck too, gotta be a bummer to have a dent in it.
If you want decent pic let me know, if its all too much trouble I totally get that. You already have your hands full, you won't be winning the water ballon fights for long, ya gottA keep practicing.

WY.Ram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Just need to get to the rims and step bars at some point... [emoji23], been saying that for 4 years since I bought the truck, and more so the past year since I did the bumper/grill/headlights/badges...

Side note, love having the fogs and light bar on the aux switch panel, it’s daylight when I have everything on [emoji23]

What headlights did you put in? I like those too.
Aux switches, did you install or were they done at factory? I really need to do that mod/upgrade. I have four unmounted, ugly, one of a kind toggle switches that I refuse to drill for. I dream of the aux switch panel.

lpfm1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
What headlights did you put in? I like those too.
Aux switches, did you install or were they done at factory? I really need to do that mod/upgrade. I have four unmounted, ugly, one of a kind toggle switches that I refuse to drill for. I dream of the aux switch panel.

They are the factory black out from a big horn sport package. Think they were $325 on Amazon also, and they are factory mopar parts. I got in brighter bulbs, but wanna pick up a set of led’s for it and my fogs