Offcenter front axle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Prairieghost

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
So I have a **** cepek long arm suspension lift. I recently changed all my shocks and bushings and front end steering components, problem I ran into is now I can't get my passenger side lower suspension arm and one of the dual front passenger shocks back on due to the fact the axle seems to have shifted towards the driver side about half an inch and now the bolts that hold those two components on don't line up with their holes any help would be greatly appreciated !

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Time to put a come along or ratchet strap on it and pull it over to the other side a bit. You'll need an outside post or tree that can handle the strain.

OP
OP
Prairieghost

Prairieghost

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
Thanks Maddog i was kinda pondering on that idea but got different feedback searching similar problems and diagnosis and kept coming up with adjusting the cam bolts which I removed them and still couldn't get them back on Do you have any suggestions on how to go about keeping the cab ext. stationary while racking the axle back to the passenger side? Or will I even need to ( will the entire truck move with the axle is what I mean) Thanks again:happy107:

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You won't need that much force to move it that will end up moving the truck. Loosen all the fasteners in the general area and let the front suspension kinda just float there while you move it. If you want, attach another come along or ratchet strap to the frame opposite, of the direction you are going to pull the suspension to get it lined up, and attach it to another tree or pole. You can also use a deadman anchor to hold the strap or chain or come along (whatever you use) if there are no trees or poles nearby.

Then, get those cam bolts in, tighten things up a bit, put the wheels and tires on the the truck then put it on the ground. Go over every bolt and nut in the suspension. You may have to check the fastener torque on the front components again after 500 miles or so.

Andrew09HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
What MADDOG said, but what Ive done in the past with Jeeps is hook the ratchet strap to the frame on the truck and around the inner C, pulling in the opposite direction. So if you need to pull the axle to the passenger side, hook the ratchet strap around the drivers side inner C and other end to the passenger frame and that'll bring it right over to where you need it. Then once everything is mounted, put on all 4 wheels and tighten bolts while they have a load on them. Don't tighten them when the weight of the vehicle isn't on the ground

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Axle shifts backwards and to the driverside if you're not using a proper track bar as well. Something to look at before you tweak everything

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
I had this happen with my rear axle during a lift install. I used another truck to pull it back to where I needed it.

OP
OP
Prairieghost

Prairieghost

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
Thank you all for the great advice I will be tackling this beast hopefully this weekend

OP
OP
Prairieghost

Prairieghost

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.9
I know it is right though I had it all on before. This problem didn't occur until I replaced everything with new parts (shocks, tie rod/ends,track bar ,sway bar and all new bushings