Oil filter relocation kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
allenmp

allenmp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I forgot to mention my trucks a 1500,not a 2500,so you'll want to do some eyeballing and measuring to make sure you have room to mount it to the frame like most of us are doing on the 1500's.I drilled and tapped my frame for 5/16's studs,then made studs out of some 5/16's ready rod.Only used 5/16's as i have a bunch of left over ready rod in that size,1/4" would probably suffice

Awesome information. I am going to call Napa today and see what kit they carry. If it don't fit or something isn't right it will be easy to return to a local store. I have already got good parts from there so we will see.
Thank you again for all your info you've been very helpful Wild One
Much appreciated

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Awesome information. I am going to call Napa today and see what kit they carry. If it don't fit or something isn't right it will be easy to return to a local store. I have already got good parts from there so we will see.
Thank you again for all your info you've been very helpful Wild One
Much appreciated

Depending on which set-up you decide on Allen and the filters you use,it could take upwards of another 1.5 quarts for an oil change.With the Royal Purple 30-8A filters i use on my set-up,it takes roughly about 8.5 quarts to do an oil change on my 5.7

Last edited:

Gordinho80

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello... reviving this thread for some assurance, really.

I'm getting ready to replace the oil pan in my 2012 5.7. The pan is a little rough looking and seems like its just one bad look away from a substantial chunk of it falling right off. I was going to put in a filter relocation kit at the same time because I HATE changing the filter in the stock location. If I opt for the Trans Dapt 1227, this is a complete plug and play unit? I've got a couple new in box filters for the truck already, would it take these replacement filters just the same?

Thanks!

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
I followed the advice on this thread and bought the improved racing adapter and remote filter set up, with no thermostat. Works fantastic