Oil leaking help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anthonydang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8 magnum
Ok, so I don’t know much about fixing trucks but I just got a 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9 and trying to learn. I have a major oil leak and trying to figure out we’re it’s all coming from. The oil pan is soaked of oil but it also looks like it’s coming from above so the oils pan may be fine. The oil pressure sender unit seems to have oil at the base as well. I took a photo not sure what the pipe in the photo is but it’s not going to anything and wondering if oil is coming from that. See photo first photo you can see the metal pipe I’m talking about best the second one I think right above that is the oil pressure sender.

33720EEF-25C6-45AB-AFB4-9C3EBA2F7949.jpeg

C5DD1F4E-0ADC-4113-A670-2EF15B4733DA.jpeg

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi, First thing to do is get some Gunk Engine degreaser in the spray foam and spray it on the leaking area get a course parts cleaning brush, brush it in real good and rinse with a garden hose make sure the engine is just warm not hot when you do this, and send us some pics so we can see it.