Oil Pan Thread help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

psimp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Hey everyone! New here and hoping i can find better answers than good ole Google. 2016 Ram 1500 3.7 V6 started noticing that there was a oil leak and it seemed to be coming from the oil pan gasket. Replaced the gasket, but when I went to tighten the nuts that go on the two bolts that come out of the block it snapped off. Are those 2 bolts that extend out from the engine block put into the block or machined into them? If they are put into the block I was going to try and replace them if they are machined in I have no idea. Any help/suggestions would be awesome

El Huapo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4X4 Warlock 1500 Classic DS w/3.55 LSD
Engine
V6 flex
I can't imagine how the mfgr could realistically cast the block with two threaded bolts or rods to be threaded later coming out of it. I would try the old drill and easy-out maneuver. Even if those bolts were somehow part of the block casting, to replace them you'd have to drill and tap new holes that would be bigger than the easy-out holes, right? Good luck