Oil percent .what does that mean ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
All my relatives live in Canada. I remember visiting right after Canada went metric back in the 70's and asking my cousins how to do the conversion. Everyone told me, "Just use miles, feet, inches, and whatnot. No one here uses that metric stuff." I said, "Yeah, but your speed limit signs are in KPH and I don't want to get a ticket." I was told to multiply KPH by 0.6 to get miles, and to multiply MPH by 1.6 to get KPH. Seems to work well, it's close enough, and I can do it in my head.
With the vehicles I'm familiar with, the speedometers are graduated both in miles and kilometers, and I think it's been that way for a while.

All of my Rams have had configurable clusters, so that's not even an issue anymore.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, 18” wheels. Build Date: 3 June 2018. Now at 1076726 miles.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
You use the oilpan to warm your hands on
It doesn't take that long to change the oil on a truck, you don't even need to jack it up
I haven't done my own oil changes in 4 or 5 years. And I never needed to jack up any of my trucks to get under them. My 2500 sits so high you could hold a barn dance under it.

David James

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Seriously, you expect a female to keep up with miles since oil change? I could replace all the gauges in my trucks with Christmas tree ornaments and it'd be a month before my wife even noticed...if then! :)
If she has the same wherewithal to scroll to that dash info, she can look at a sticker on the windshield glass that shows a mileage recommendation for change.

Tulecreeper

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
If she has the same wherewithal to scroll to that dash info, she can look at a sticker on the windshield glass that shows a mileage recommendation for change.
I've had an oil change place put one of those on my windshield maybe 3 times in my life.