? On modified folding rear seat back

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CJKD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For those of you that have done this, how much space did you pick up? Enough to put a small air compressor or jump box? Maybe a small bag for basic tools, flares, ratchet straps etc. I don't really want to put a box on the bed, don't need that much extra room. Any pics would be appreciated so I can get an idea on how much space is back there.

kkreit01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There's not much space back there. I wouldn't bother doing it for space. You could fit some jumper cables or tow strap back there, but that's about it. You could fit flares, and possibly a small tool bag. I doubt a compressor would fit. I did it for access to aftermarket amp/wiring/tuning. It's a must for that. I would have had to pull the whole seat several times by now.

VB712

Maxi_built
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did mine and I like the fact I can access stuff behind the rear seat. Not a ton of room, but it's better than nothing.

OP
OP
CJKD

CJKD

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I figured there wouldn't be much room gained, really not digging the idea of a bed box. I guess I will just do it and see if it gives me what at I am looking for. Been looking at the swing away boxes that mount near the tailgate as well.

pickupman66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have a socket set that I used to keep in my Truckbox in my old truck. it is about 4" thick and 18"x18" . Would that fit on a Crewcab with the 60.40 bench?