Opinions on grille

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ThunderMug95

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am thinking about ordering a set of factory style paintable RDJ fender flares…This is the paint I used on the grille and it is awesome!
Very impressed from the rattle can!
1672705234610.jpeg

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
2 part stuff is nice and the cans have really come a long way! I did a custom grill and Will be doing color match swap front and rear bumpers and I will be painting the upper bumper cover. Those 2k cans are nice if you don't have equipement for small jobs but once activated you only have a few hours before its bad. They have a newer version which is 2 part but needs oxygen to activate so you can have a can sit for months or years and it should still work but have the durability of a 2k paint.

FYI idk if the factory grille is plastic you should be using an adhesion promoter and not a standard self etching/regular primer (especially on the factory style plastic flares). Neither of those bond to the plastic which is what you want if its plastic. Self etching should be used on bare metal. The adhesion promoter is a clear primer so you base goes right on top after a 10-15min flash time and then clear coat. Bully Dog is the best one I've used but its like $35 a can, I picked up a qt of T REX from speedkote which you pour into a spray gun of your choice HVLP or air brush and way more cost efficent plus you get a better spray pattern even from a cheap HF gun.