Opinions on Hard Tri-fold Cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moe70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Good morning new to the forum and I'm sure this question has been asked a million times but just got my
2021 1500 Laramie w/the night edition package. Now for the fun stuff all the mods. Looking for some opinions for a hard tri-fold cover. I've been looking and there are ton or them out there and a ton of reviews, so I'm reaching out to see what you guys have purchased and if you're happy with it. I'm going to be using my truck to haul my quad in the bed so thinking that something can be removed and reinstalled easily would be a plus. Thanks for your time and look forward to hearing back.

Broken

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I have the " Access Lomax Trifold". I like it, looks good, seals well and is easily removed by one person in the bed, or two standing on the ground. The only draw back is only the first two sections can stay open while traveling, so to have full bed space it must be removed.
Broken

edit spelling

OP
OP
Moe70

Moe70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
thanks I'll check it out

Bill A

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I went with the Extang Solid Fold 2.0. Price was right, looks good, comes on and off in a couple minutes, is very light weight, seals well and easy to operate. All my previous trucks had 1 piece fiberglass covers but was forced to get the Trifold due to lack of availability of the one piece. I would get one again.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Our biggest seller is the BAK MX4, next up would be the Lomax. Let me know if we can offer you a quote or additional info on any bed cover. Message me for a quote

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I bought my hard top tri-fold cover from Walmart about 3 years ago. Had it on my 2003 RAM and then put it on my new 2018 RAM. I couldn't be happier with it. It was under $400, totally seals my bed and I get zero water in there, unlike my last rollback Pace Edwards, and it is easy on easy off. Good luck.

RAM-pagingMN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i also went with the Extand solid fold 2.0 and have on the last 3 trucks. very durable, not super heavy and my son can walk across it (hes 110 lbs). Cons are it folds twice so you cant use whole bed and its not low profile.

Chuffnut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The Lomax is an excellent cover, but does not give full access to the bed without removing it. Had a Lomax on my 2020 and it went through a decent hail storm work no damage. If you want a cover that gives full bed access, I recommend the MX4 or the ArmorFlex. If you have the led rearview mirror, then the MX4 is probably the best option, because when opened up, it doesn't block the camera for the led rearview. I have heard that the MX4 doesn't hold up well to even small hail, so if you don't have the led rearview, then I'd personally go with the ArmorFlex. These are just opinions though.

Things to take into consideration are the MFT on a standard non-rambox bed, and the brackets at the front of the bed.

noodles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I have the ArmorFlex with the Line-X coating on the panels. But, it was over a thousand bucks, as I recall.

yakalong

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I also have the Extang solid fold 2.0. Works great, I'd buy it again

peeceejay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got the Bakflip MX4 that fits with the Rambox bed, and am very happy. I installed the foam weather strip too far forwards, and had to add more, which was a rookie mistake. It is easy to fold up, stays open with two panels flipped, or all the way up with some struts.

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2wd
Engine
HEMI 5.7 Revolution 4.88s
I have the private label brand from BAK Industries which is the Gator FX Hard Quad-Fold from Gator Covers

a82595af9b516ce8ec56807db982e771.jpg2ed447275b7f5588ae322c5f61167ba7.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
I have the Gator EFX and it does a good job. If I had it to do over again, I'd get the FX quad-fold that folds all the way up to the cab so I could use the entire bed. I don't have much issue just removing it if I need the entire bed (above the sidewalls), but my wife isn't so keen on it. Good luck with whatever you get!

bfill_rebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I liked my Bak cover on my f150 (it was the Ford one with their logo over the bak logo).
Only thing was when all the way open it would squeak when against the real of the cab. Sounded like having 1,000 squealing hamsters in the back seat. Bought some foam weatherstripping and lined the inside edge of the panel that rest against cab and no more noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LoadedSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the BakFlip MX4 and load my riding lawnmower in to the bed without taking the cover off. Just fold it up to the Cab and lock it in place and you have 97% of the bed open. The last 3% is where the cover is folded up four times.

Billet Bee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HOHD
Another 1 for the bakflip mx4. She is awesome, works great, looks great, no leaks, extremely durable. I got mine through auto anything, they gave me the best rate and they have a yr price match guarantee, of wich I have used twice and had not been any issue. They also sent me 4 free paint stix and a 4 pk of plastic rod clips. 20200514_165933.jpg20200608_160140.jpg

GPDave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
BakFlip for me. May be a little pricy but have been in all kinds of weather, washes and never leaks a drop. Also real sturdy to use as work surface if needed.