Opticoat pro vs cQuartz pro?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doxmia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Would be curious to hear some of your opinions on which one you preferred if you've done them both.

I had my last truck Opticoated and it worked/looked great, but curious if there's a reason I should look at cQuartz instead.

Kinetic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The performance will be very similar, however it comes down to the maintenance which is the biggest factor. Also it will be more difficult to find a Cquartez Finest dealer as there aren't near as many as Opticoat dealers.

At the end of the day it comes down to what you like the looks of more, you can't go wrong with either one. If I had to choose one it would be Cquartz for sure.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
At the end of the day it comes down to what you like the looks of more, you can't go wrong with either one. If I had to choose one it would be Cquartz for sure.
^I'm with this guy. I have Cquartz Finest on my truck. Awesome stuff.
I just learned that my usual Cquartz detailer doesn't deal with Cquartz anymore. Now, the closest one is about 75 minutes away, one way. I may have no choice but to go Opti-coat or something similar. SUCKS!!!

gixxer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
You could also get the cquartz or Wolfgang ceramic coating and do it yourself.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You could also get the cquartz or Wolfgang ceramic coating and do it yourself.
Yeah, but,.....yo have to be PERFECT at applying it. First you need to do a correct color correction and cleaning getting the oils out of the paint. Then you have to apply the coating evenly. If not, you will have levels or bumps on the clearcoat.
You can do it yourself, but I'd rather leave that to the professionals to make sure it is actually going to do it's job properly and last.

Kinetic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, but,.....yo have to be PERFECT at applying it. First you need to do a correct color correction and cleaning getting the oils out of the paint. Then you have to apply the coating evenly. If not, you will have levels or bumps on the clearcoat.
You can do it yourself, but I'd rather leave that to the professionals to make sure it is actually going to do it's job properly and last.

It's easier than you think. Yes all swirls and defects should be polished first and the oils cleaned, but when applying a coating, just make sure it's on as evenly as possible and when buffing off use two towels, the first to remove the excess coating and the second, used immediately after, to make sure there aren't any high spots left.

OP
OP
Doxmia

Doxmia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I might get a quote on cQuartz Finest to see the price difference between that and the Opticoat. We have one local dealer.

gixxer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
From what I’ve seen the Wolfgang is really easy to use.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's easier than you think. Yes all swirls and defects should be polished first and the oils cleaned, but when applying a coating, just make sure it's on as evenly as possible and when buffing off use two towels, the first to remove the excess coating and the second, used immediately after, to make sure there aren't any high spots left.
True.
I could probably do it awesome, but I'll pay the professionals to have come out 100% perfect.

I might get a quote on cQuartz Finest to see the price difference between that and the Opticoat. We have one local dealer.
Definitely. Cquartz is an awesome coating.

From what I’ve seen the Wolfgang is really easy to use.
I heard that as well.
Just prep the paint and get the oils out and make sure the paint is prefect before applying to make sure you're not wasting time and money. If it's not applied correctly, you're wasting both time and money, obviously.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The foundation is always the most important part.
Jay

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963