Optimal dual battery mod for ‘19 PW

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
SeaSickSailor

SeaSickSailor

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I’m assuming that, with a dual battery system with an isolator to protect the cranking battery, both batteries have to be the same type and rating. If that assumption is correct, and I switch to higher capacity AGMs, how do I modify the charging system such that it recognizes that the batteries are AGM and provide proper charging voltage and cycle for the new batteries?

takebars

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 PW
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Anybody looked into or used these systems. Obviously not this one specifically as it is still in pre-order, but they have other models that seem to have been selling for awhile.

https://inergytek.com/products/flex-1500-power-station-presale-deposit

We travel with our dogs for agility competitions. With Covid we will be forced to start crating them in the car. Obviously, this brings up the concern of heat/cold in the vehicle. I am not looking to idle my truck all day long. I was looking for just some basic solar powered fans, and stumbled on this system. Love the idea of tying it to the vehicle so it charges while driving and then having the ability to setup the solar panels when stopped. Thinking I could make a whole power bank in the rambox.

Now if I could get a tonneau cover that has solar panels already incorporated :cool:

This system is pricey, but the claims are pretty impressive. Something I am definitely going to consider when I have more disposable income.

trdt44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Can’t really see the tray. It’s wedged in pretty tight.
View attachment 213665
Thanks again for the picture. Do you think you could take one more picture zoomed a little farther out? Also maybe another where it mounts to the fender. Trying to see what they did with the engine control module harness. Got what appears to be the same tray, going to be a tight fit.

OP
OP
SeaSickSailor

SeaSickSailor

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Thanks again for the picture. Do you think you could take one more picture zoomed a little farther out? Also maybe another where it mounts to the fender. Trying to see what they did with the engine control module harness. Got what appears to be the same tray, going to be a tight fit.
Sure. It’s a very tight fit in there. 419C7F80-B75A-466C-9F9A-E4165CE4D96C.jpeg E242D21E-3C89-4CBC-8900-632D1D89F97A.jpeg 3DC6E3D5-4169-4E4D-BCF7-B913452F23A1.jpeg