order tracker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ashealy2017

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
This new order tracker on Ram website is hopefully wayyyyy behind. Ordered my 3500 Jan 20 and it says its scheduled for production. However dealer says its in D1 status and suppose to be shipped June 24th. Who is correct?? TIA

Nate007

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
You can track your vehicle here on the Ram website: https://www.ramtrucks.com/trackyourorder.html#/landing ... If you do not have a VON number go to the chat and they will provide you one. What I have been told is that the dealership can see more than what the tracker says.

I ordered a 2500 on April 12, D1 was June 22, and Built June 23. No date as to shipment. It also depends what you ordered in your build in terms of if parts of available. The biggest wait is the completion and waiting for shipment. I have read recently that one persons have taken approximately 4-5 weeks from date it was shipped to arrival. It also depends on where you are located in reference to the rail line. Such as places in Florida would take longer than someone closer to where the truck is produced.

You can also input your VIN number in this website to see if the window sticker is out yet. https://windowstickerlookup.com/

(It usually will not be completed until the truck is complete) I read too that if the window sticker is complete supposedly the truck is in shipping.

WWSvendsen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L I6-HO
First time I have seen the window sticker site referenced, very cool. Thanks!
I just had my order updated to "Schedules" August 3rd.
Does that mean on August 3rd they scheduled the build to start then, or sometime in the future?

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Mine has been in Scheduled status since 4/26/22. I guess that just means they accepted the order at the factory.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
@Nate007 @WWSvendsen When your truck is completed/built on RAM's site for tracking orders it will have an icon where you can view your window sticker. Then you can also enter your VIN into towing capabilities, and it will show your payload and towing. Neither can happen until build date is shown.

WWSvendsen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L I6-HO
Thank you!
Found the Window Sticker and Equipment Listing sites on this Forum ... very helpful

9iron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Is the estimated delivery date on the tracker generally accurate? Tracker says 4/4 but it hasn’t shipped yet. 2500 so it was built in Mexico

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
You have to go by this & hope that it comes earlier

9iron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
You have to go by this & hope that it comes earlier

Thanks yes the page I’m using. Wondering how accurate the estimated delivery date has been for those who have had their trucks delivered.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
once the Ram is turned over to either the Railroad or a trucking outfit, Ram has no way of hurrying the movement of the vehicle.

When Covid happened in February 2020, ( 3 years ago )

I don't know why the Railroad slowed down, but people were laid off

The US Gov't began issuing checks like they were candy bars & some States did the same thing.
Many people were getting enough money, that they did not return to work, they will return when they no longer are being given free money.
When they have to start paying for the 3 years of rent that they owe, That is when the manure is going to hit the fan.

The PaRtY is over !!

Just wait & see what happens when the Microprocessor factories open for business.

Right now, banks can not get the Chips they need for Credit & ATM cards

plainsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 4x4
Engine
Seems a good place to ask my questions. Looking to order either a 2023 Laramie (5.7) or wait for 2024 1500 to be announced with new changes. In any case don't want to order till later in the year due to funding. Do you know how late in the year one could still order a 2023? Guess we don't know yet when 2024s will be announced?

If I order a '23 in June/July how long would you expect the vehicle to arrive? If it's several months then my funding will be available.

My dealer told me he couldn't do any better than MSRP on an existing truck on his lot but could negotiate on a custom order. What are you seeing for discounts off MSRP these days?

ericstevenson

Reaction score
Thanks yes the page I’m using. Wondering how accurate the estimated delivery date has been for those who have had their trucks delivered.
I think it lags.. My order is built and tracker says scheduled for production. took 4 weeks from order to built.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Seems a good place to ask my questions. Looking to order either a 2023 Laramie (5.7) or wait for 2024 1500 to be announced with new changes. In any case don't want to order till later in the year due to funding. Do you know how late in the year one could still order a 2023? Guess we don't know yet when 2024s will be announced?
You'll be able to order a '23 probably into October, if not longer.
If I order a '23 in June/July how long would you expect the vehicle to arrive? If it's several months then my funding will be available.
Who can guess? Depends on the supply chain.
My dealer told me he couldn't do any better than MSRP on an existing truck on his lot but could negotiate on a custom order. What are you seeing for discounts off MSRP these days?
Contact Granger CDJR near Des Moines, IA. They are doing 4% off invoice on ordered trucks, which is about 11.5% off of MSRP. And since you live in KS, should not a bad drive. I live in NW Arkansas and ordered from them last year. It was a good experience, no surprises.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Although, it is not written in Stone any where

BEFORE Covid
all of the Auto Manufacturers had a Target Date, that date was to have functioning Prototypes to be on display for the Texas State Fair.
They did not take orders at the Fair, but if you went to the dealerships, you could place your brand new Rams, Jeep, etc. order
The new eye catcher was on display, like Ram Boxes, Soft Lowering Tailgates, Split Tailgates.

I don't know if Fleet Orders are taken before or after Personal Orders & Dealership orders.

Fleet Orders are more often than not low cost vehicles, but they are placed in multiples of 10 or more.

I like to look at a Fleet Ordering site, to guestimate things like Production Dates

PhunnyT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins Diesel
I ordered a 3500 Tradesman on the 1st of March. Went into production on the 15th. Estimated delivery is the 22nd of May. I’ll update as things progress.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Unless that dealership already had that Ram on order from when you walked into the dealership,
i am thinking that you will be disappointed on 22 May

my wild guess would be closer to July 1st
Logistics Conditions are beginning to change for the better.
Freight Railroads are really slow at this time, especially when the vehicle is coming out of Saltillo Mexico

In a couple of weeks, you might see some movement on this website

9iron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I ordered a 3500 Tradesman on the 1st of March. Went into production on the 15th. Estimated delivery is the 22nd of May. I’ll update as things progress.
There’s certainly a possibility you could have it by 5/22. Mine sat for 6 weeks after being built until it shipped but once on the rail it went from Mexico to Illinois in 1 week.

PhunnyT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins Diesel
Thanks. I haven’t looked for the past couple of days. Maybe tomorrow I’ll take a peek and see if the shipping deities are smiling at me…. Confidence is not high. :)

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
within the first week, you will have a VON, ( vehicle order number)
& possibly a VIN, ( vehicle identification number )

If everything goes quickly, at the end of a month, it should be scheduled for assembly, ( build date )