Ordered a new 2020 1500 can I track the build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joe Genovese

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys, new to the forum. I am a current owner of a 2016 Ram 1500 Sport I leased new and it has 12,000 miles on it. I love the truck but the lease is up so I decided to order a new 2020 Laramie level 1.

The truck is in D1 Gateline, I was wondering if I can track the assembly of the truck. The dealer sent me the order sheet and it has a estimated ship of 1/22/20

2020 Ram 1500 Crew
5.7 non-Etq
Billet silver
Level 1
Sport appearance
12.0" Nav
Pano roof
3.92 with anti-spin
trailer brake controller
BUG
rubber mats
Under floor storage
33 gallon tank

Last edited:

Jim M

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 e-torque
I'm interested in this too. I just ordered a 2020 1500 Limited to replace the 6-month-old 2019 that I crashed on a slippery road. I was torn between the 1500 and 2500, but the 1500 handled a 6000 mile trip from Michigan to Vancouver, BC and back with no problems, and we loved the truck. I pulled a Minnie Plus 26-foot travel trailer (dry 6300 lbs). It took a little (OK, a lot) of getting used to after my 2005 Ram 3500 Cummins dually and a 36-foot fifth-wheel.

2020 Ram 1500 Limited Crew
5.7 e-torque
3.92 anti-spin
Ivory 3 coat
Body color bumper group
Indigo/Frost interior
12" Nav
Trailer brake control
RamBox
33 gallon fuel tank
Pano roof
Level 1

OP
OP
Joe Genovese

Joe Genovese

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I tow a 20' enclosed with my car in it and my 2016 1500 does great except for fuel mileage lol. I put air bags in the rear to level it and it tows awesome. I hope the 2020 is the same.

OP
OP
Joe Genovese

Joe Genovese

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wonder how accurate the delivery date is? I was told 4-6 weeks for it to arrive so it so far is pretty much in line but it isn't even in the assembly process yet so I have my doubts Ill see it before the February.
It was ordered on December 15th which is a Sunday so I doubt it went in until the 16th so it will be 4 weeks this Sunday

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
You're getting there. I ordered on 12/28 and was also told 4-6 weeks but he said they're building these 2500's pretty quick right now. Time will tell.

Red

Elkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
The factory will issue the VIN to the dealer at the time the truck is put on the production schedule. Then you will have a more accurate estimate of when the truck will leave the factory.

When the truck arrives at the dealer depends on how it is routed on the trains and how quickly it is put on a car trailer to be trucked to the dealer and with the last truck I bought in 2018 this part of the process took 3 weeks.

If I had a truck coming off a lease and I was happy with it I would buy out the lease even if I had to take out a loan from the bank to do it. Fuel costs are a poor reason to go to a new truck where the sales tax and DMV fees will cost you $5,000 which would buy a lot of gas at the pumps. You can save more in gas by slowing down then with the purchase of a new truck that maybe provides 1-2 mpg better fuel economy.

Something I wish I had learned earlier in my life was how much debt costs over time and while it is highly beneficial to the bankers and their shareholders it leaches out the earnings of those people who actually work at a job and get a paycheck. We already have the highest rate of taxation and fees and costs for benefits that in other countries are free, and adding to that burden with more debt puts people into holes that they are forever trying to dig their way out of but find that they are only going deeper and deeper.

carl newton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ford diesel
Elkman... truer word were never spoken.. I, like you, have figured out how the load of high debt can you your worst nightmare..

Having a "new" truck, car, etc can be fun but the expense is not the best way to wealth over time only debt. It 's said a "new" vehicle etc loses 15% or more, of it value when you drive off the lot..

Now this depends on the vehicle, price and other factors, but for the most part you loose.. best bet is to buy a nice used vehicle that is 2 to 2.5 yrs old with the miles under 20K with service records..

that is how you get out of debt and make wealth for your family.

Steve Karolek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HO
The truck is in D1 Gateline, I was wondering if I can track the assembly of the truck. The dealer sent me the order sheet and it has a estimated ship of 1/22/20

So...1/22 came and went, how accurate was the ship date? Have you taken delivery yet?

RamCares told me expected build on 2/10, dealer subsequently told me they see expected delivery on 2/12. That doesn't seem possible to me. I know they're built in Warren MI now and that's just over 6 hours from my dealer so maybe my truck won't sit on a train for weeks...

I do know it hasn't been actually built yet because the build sheet web site doesn't recognize my VIN yet.

OP
OP
Joe Genovese

Joe Genovese

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So update, still NO truck. The dealer keeps telling me they are tracking it and then never respond. I tracked it multiple times thru the chat and for the past two weeks it has told me its in the shipping stage with no ETA to dealer. Sunday it will be ordered 10 weeks ago.
Is this normal?????? If so their tracking system sucks, when I had purchased a new BMW i could see what stage it was in and even had a GPS tracker on the ship it was bring transferred to the US on. Ram cant even tell me if it left the dam assembly plant.

Narg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
Yeah, shipping these days is far more tighter than RAM is letting on. Too bad they don't use the tools they have available to them. They do know where the trains are and where the delivery trucks are, they just don't share.