Can I track my truck build with a VIN or VON?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I was given my "on order" truck VIN and VON numbers today. Is there a site that I can track the progress of the build and whatever other info is out there? Right now my status is "D" as shown on my POC sheet. Thanks.

Red

redman4455

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Also, ramcares tends to give very vague answers. My dealer told me its offloading at the rail to be put on a truck, ramcares told me it's in shipping stage and no ETA lol. I think the dealer is your best bet unless you can figure out which rail it's on and if you are registered with the train company to get locations.

Narg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
My dealer asked for my e-mail address and RAM is apparently going to send me a link to track it. Fingers crossed, just ordered mine today.

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
It's up to the dealer. Some will add your email to tracking and some don't. My dealer doesn't - they say that the statuses are often too confusing. Based on some of the stats I've seen I agree. However, they (the dealer) still have access to the tracking, so at the least you should be able to get updates from your salesperson if they are agreeable.

Frankly, unless/until they activate GPS tracking on the U-Connect, you aren't going to know where it is until you see it in the parking lot. And realistically, even if you can see where (on the globe) it is, that doesn't really help unless you know what the logistics are. IOW, just because it's at Grand Central Junction doesn't tell you when it's leaving or how many stops there are until the next transfer.

Order it. It arrives. You pick it up. Those are the three main stages and only the first and last can be controlled by you.

OP
OP
Papa Red

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
My dealer asked for my e-mail address and RAM is apparently going to send me a link to track it. Fingers crossed, just ordered mine today.

Did you ever get the link from Ram?

OP
OP
Papa Red

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Well, I talked to my dealer last week and he said my truck was scheduled to be built this week and ship out today. I've been tracking the VIN using the link below and late today the VIN finally came back with everything the truck has. So I'm guessing that my truck was built today and is ready for shipping. Now I'm very excited to get the truck.

https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing

Red

Chris Karczmit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hey Red what did that link say before it came back with all of trucks options? My trucks on order as well. When I put in my VIN a message pops up that says invalid VIN.

Also when did you order your truck? I ordered mine November 30th. I’m staring to get excited for mine too. Good luck with your new Truck.

Chris

litzdog911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I'm not sure at what build stage the Build Sheet becomes available, but mine finally showed up yesterday.

OP
OP
Papa Red

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
It said "No records found corresponding to the VIN provided" before my VIN became active. According to my dealer, my truck was supposed to be built around 1/22 or 1/23 and ship out on 1/24. My VIN became active late in the day on the 24th. Makes sense if it gets loaded that they scan the VIN. Just my thoughts.

I ordered my truck on 12/28 and they said turn around time is 4-6 weeks. Not sure what you ordered but I ordered a 2500 so it's built in Mexico. I'm ready to trade in my 2007 1500 for this new truck. Getting excited!

On a side note, I grew up in Somers CT and spent my first 40 years in the area.

Red

Chris Karczmit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Thanks Red!

You made the right move getting out of CT lol. Thanks for the info. I ordered a 1500 Limited with the Black Appearance Package, RamBox, and Multi Function Tailgate. The dealer said the Ramboxes take extra time to complete. I too am getting excited, but so far I’m in a holding pattern.

Good luck with your new truck!

Chris

Joe Genovese

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Chris,
You ordered Nov 30th and still dont have your truck? I ordered mine on the Dec 15th and they told me I would have it in 4-6weeks. I guess thats total BS?? If it were true I should have it this week and i assume its not coming.

I went to my dealer and the order was supposed to be placed on Nov 2nd and on December 10th I got a call saying the order never went in but was re ordered. well it didnt actually got ordered on the 15th.

My truck is scheduled to go back on lease return this Saturday the 1st but I am not giving it up until the new one arrives. The dealer can pay the added payments for me to keep my current truck!!!

Chris Karczmit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hey Joe,

Yes 11/30. No truck yet. They told me RamBox adds some time. 8-12 weeks. I think it’s good news for you that all your options came up when you typed in your VIN. Sounds like they started your build. When I put in my VIN it says “No records found corresponding to the VIN provided”

Hopefully soon for both of us. Good luck with your new Truck.

Chris

Steve Karolek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HO
Not sure what you ordered but I ordered a 2500 so it's built in Mexico. I'm ready to trade in my 2007 1500 for this new truck. Getting excited!

Red

I understand production of the 3500s has moved to Warren, MI and I thought the 2500s were moving there for 2020 production as well. I'm hopeful that my 3500 will be trucked from MI to WI and not sit on a train for weeks...

Mega-Hemi

US AIR FORCE '08-'18
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I ordered a 2020 2500 on November 23rd. Pretty sure it was built in Mexico. It was delivered to my dealer on Jan 6th. I feel for you guys waiting so long. I probably would be all over my dealer by now if it hadn’t shown up yet.

litzdog911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I understand production of the 3500s has moved to Warren, MI and I thought the 2500s were moving there for 2020 production as well. I'm hopeful that my 3500 will be trucked from MI to WI and not sit on a train for weeks...

No. Still coming from Mexico.

litzdog911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I ordered a 2020 2500 on November 23rd. Pretty sure it was built in Mexico. It was delivered to my dealer on Jan 6th. I feel for you guys waiting so long. I probably would be all over my dealer by now if it hadn’t shown up yet.

You got lucky. I ordered my 2500 Limited on November 14th and it was finally built in early January. But now it's stuck in Mexico, along with lots of other HD Rams with the 68RFE transmission ....
https://www.ramforum.com/threads/new-safety-recall.156363/

OP
OP
Papa Red

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I used the links in one of these post where you can view your window sticker and VIN equipment listing sites and it says Saltillo Truck Assembly Plant.

Red