Outside wind noise inside cabin coming from drivers side front window by inspection stickers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TA2126

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just bought a 2020 ram 1500 limited and once I hit 45 mph an annoying whistling wind sound is coming from lower left windshield where inspection stickers are located As speed increase so does the sound. Anyone have any issues with this or do I have a problem. The local dealer changed the active shutters and the sound is still present. Any suggestions would help. One last note when I turn a/c or heat on the noise diminishes. Thanks

mlrtimemach

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram Tradesman 4X4
Engine
6.4 Hemi
My 2019 2500 has that noise. I figured it was the window vent shades I installed. They weren't what I wanted but all I could get at the time
I figured it was just the price I paid buying that brand

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
One last note when I turn a/c or heat on the noise diminishes. Thanks
It could be the outdoor air damper for the HVAC system if your saying the noise happens when you turn the HTG/CLG on, when the system is off that damper closes. I'm guessing you turn the HVAC system off when you "don't need it"?
It's an old school line of thinking and doesn't apply to vehicles anymore. Nowadays the cab of vehicle is extremely air tight, the HVAC system brings air in from the outside.

Johnts05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2019 1500 and the whistling noise starts up around 50 mph for me, sounds like it’s a squeaky fan or something in the front dash that is consistent and irritating when cruising a speeds over 50 mph. Please share any remedies if you have been fortunate enough to find one, love the truck, this noise is just getting to be too much.

Tombato

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 New Body
Engine
Hemi 5.7
mine is a 19 Ram and I'm so glad you guys mentioned this. I also experience this at 50 mph or over on the highway. It sounds like somebody's opening the window a little bit It lasts up to a minute and then just like somebody closing the window it shuts off or stops. It also only occurs on the passenger side front. I'm not sure yet where it's coming from as I'm always driving lol. I didn't notice it the first 6 months I owned it tho and I bought it a year ago April

RidgebackBob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the same problem with my 19 1500 5th generation. Have not yet been able to figure it out but the noise is whistle like a slightly open window, starts around 45 mph and seems located to the right rear of the cabin. The odd thing is it STOPS when I turn off the heater/AC. So, in my case, it seems to be excess pressure leaving the cabin and I must assume it may be related to the rear cabin exhaust vent. The dealer has been absolutely worthless on repairing this and I haven't been enthused spending my time and effort taking out the rear seats. Only 20 k on the truck. Nice truck but this whistle is irritating as heck.