Over the USB!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fadetoblack188

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
My dash usb I need to unplug my phone on both sides like 20 times for it to finally decide to charge.

May center console usb hub lights up but does nothing . I’m beyond frustrated

dealer said it’s not warrantied

2014 express. What’s the fix! I tried unplugging and replugging ynder driver seat. Nothing

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Buy a Qualcomm 3.0 charger, they make ones that plug in the 12V power point or ones that wire into the factory uUSB locations

PolarisCobra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Try a different cable, they do go bad. Verify if the cable is good when connected to the phone and a wall charger.

Steve Karolek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HO
Agree with trying a different cable, if you wind up buying a "cigarette lighter" charger, I strongly endorse the Anker (if still made/sold) or RAVpower Quick Charge models able to charge up to 4 devices at a time.

Midknight

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I also have a 2014 Express with the same issue and went the "cigarette lighter" charger route. Never had a problem since.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Phone is probably drawing more current then that USB port can provide. New phones pull a lot more power to charge then they did 7 years ago when that truck was made.

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
These phones don't "draw" current, they will only use the max amount the charger can produce. Chances are 1A up to 2.4A. Connected to a newer phone, the port has been running at max power everytime phone is connected. The port is probably just about done, they will wear out over time with lots of use.
Before taking the recommendation of all the different chargers mentioned here, first look at the charging type of your phone. Is it quick charge or power delivery, or a crApple product. You need the proper charger to get best results.

For example, my google pixel 2xl is power delivery, when plugged into a quick charge, it barely charges faster than a regular usb 2.0 port.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

mikegrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
My dash usb I need to unplug my phone on both sides like 20 times for it to finally decide to charge.

2014 express. What’s the fix! I tried unplugging and replugging ynder driver seat. Nothing
2015 BigHorn and had to replace the USB/AUX module in my center console. Kepttrying to do the firmware update and USB would not show up as inserted. Drove me nuts as the last thing expected is the port to be bad

OP
OP
F

fadetoblack188

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Are you guys saying I can replace the Factory port? Instead of just buying an adaptor for cig lighter?

I pulled the media hub out and checked the back of it and the back of the radio to make sure the run was good and all plugged in. I am guessing the media hub went bad.

OP
OP
F

fadetoblack188

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
2015 BigHorn and had to replace the USB/AUX module in my center console. Kepttrying to do the firmware update and USB would not show up as inserted. Drove me nuts as the last thing expected is the port to be bad

yeah I think I am going to need to replace I can’t find a replacement. Mine is the port and aux no sd card

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a

Hi fadetoblack188, I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble resolving this concern. I understand that your concern is not warrantied however if you do choose to return your vehicle to your dealer for diagnosis, please feel free to reach out to us here via a private message. We are happy to help!
Rob
RamCares

mikegrook

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
yeah I think I am going to need to replace I can’t find a replacement. Mine is the port and aux no sd card
exactly what I have. located within the upper console or "Back of Jumpseat" ordered off of Amazon- here is the number

• 51LzChEUJfL._SX679_.jpg
Roll over image to zoom in

MOPAR 68096426AD - Media Hub 08