P2201 Code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

truck2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I know what it is ,Nox 1 upstream sensor issue. I am a bit reluctant to just throw a $600 part at it . Been told it could be a clogged PCV filter fooling the sensor . My truck a 2014 6.7 is at 64K on mileage , so close to the required 67,500 for replacement, got the Fleetguard CV52001 filter coming . I will change that filter have the CEL ,and code cleared see if it comes back on me . First step anyway .

I had it cleared twice before ,it came back after a few miles . So if the filter is not the problem ,there can be really only two problems I have been told ,one is burned fuel being detected on a closed throttle on decel . ,the other a bad sensor.

There are a couple options, if the code persists , one is have a dealer diagnose it , or buy a AlfaOBD , the question I have is the Alfa able to trouble shot the code ,or just read it . I would like to have the Alfa , and may buy it anyway , but not sure what it is capable of , and I will need to buy a tablet to use with it ,I only own apple products , computer ,and iPhones .Hopefully someone on here has an answer , or advice on that code for the sensor . Would appreciate any help on this . Thanks

Dredger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
According to these articles, it would be best to start by checking the wiring and work your way to the sensor. Hopefully they will provide you a bit of guidance. Good luck!
https://www.obd-codes.com/p2201

OP
OP
T

truck2014

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Always the reason for joining a forum is the wealth of information to be found . A bit disappointing to see the lack of replies or help on this thread ,as well as many others . I monitor the forum almost daily , and try to add something if I have an answer, so surprised to see such a lack of help on this forum . :(