Paint bubbles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

doubleM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have a 2008 with a great paint job but just noticed 3 bubbles in the paint over a rear wheel well.
Must be rust forming underneath and would certainly like to take care of it promptly as there is nothing else wrong with the truck. I'm in my mid-70s so there's not a lot of DIY that I could handle, what are the suggestions from this wonderful group here?

Smokeybear01

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I'm in my 70's also and I wouldn't hesitate to tackle it. But if you're not comfortable with that kind of a hobby, then it seems your only alternative is a body shop. The wife and I did a paint on bedliner this summer. I sanded and prepped it and then she painted it. (3 coats). My next project is fixing the blistering clear coat. I'm watching Utube vids while trying to decide if I want to simply wet sand and spray clear coat back on or go for a complete paint job with a roller (I've seen it done and the results are better than what I have now). The complete job will involve many days of wet sanding, but at least it can be done rain or shine (the wet sanding, not the painting) haha. Good luck with whatever you decide, but you need to decide quickly while it's still just a limited area.

carl0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
You can just sand it down, apply primer and then use color match paint.