Paint Warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tollis

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just picked up my 2019 Classic and have noticed some significant bubbles in the paint on the bed in 2 spots. They don't really look like rust and as it was built 11/18 I'm inclined to think they are the notorious 4th Gen Solvent pops.
I'm going to be bringing it into the dealership Tuesday to get it looked at.
Will this have any effect other than looks? I.E. Rust
I know they usually repaint if Chrysler approves it but I plan to get a spray liner anyway, do you think Chrysler would approve a spray liner instead of repaint, it would certainly save them (and me) some money.

IMG_20190421_160537.jpg

IMG_20190421_160519.jpg

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The dealership might deal with you if they do business with a third party vendor that does spray in's. Once again factory quality control employees are visually impaired. Paint has been a problem for Ram for years and they just can't seem to get it right. They need to fire those robots and hire some new ones!!!!!
Jay

mtofell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
do you think Chrysler would approve a spray liner instead of repaint, it would certainly save them (and me) some money.

Doesn't hurt to ask but I'd be surprised. The factory seems to be pretty **** about only replacing what is damaged with the EXACT same thing..... even if it costs them more money. When warranty items come up they suddenly turn into a mindless, illogical operation similar to the government.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I suspect that, since the FCA warranties are based on "stock for stock" terms, they will repaint.

I'd be concerned about leaving the bubbles as they are and encapsulating them with the bed liner material. That won't stop what's happening underneath the paint and over time that area could prove to be problematic.

liftedpsd2010

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
heme
I suspect that, since the FCA warranties are based on "stock for stock" terms, they will repaint.

I'd be concerned about leaving the bubbles as they are and encapsulating them with the bed liner material. That won't stop what's happening underneath the paint and over time that area could prove to be problematic.

When I got my bed sprayed they scuffed up the paint. Doing this those bubbles would probably get scuffed off anyway. I could be wrong tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
It still stands that what's under the bubbles has to be neutralized before they get encapsulated by the bed liner material.

18harvest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would agree I would get it fixed under warranty before I had a liner sprayed.looks to me like maybe the sprayer messed up.like a nozzle got clogged or ran low of paint or something