Parking garage question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Installer88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been lurking and learning around here since November and pulled the trigger on a pa 3in bl and bilstein 5100's (stupid back order). After I ordered everything my wonderful wife made a valid point, will I be able to fit in most parking garages? I'm in the process of trying to switch departments and if I do end up getting the new position I'll have to park in a garage. So does anyone else have experience with this? Or should I consider buying a small little rice burner for work? Any input would be awesome guys! Thanks

Ram-Rod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Put the lift on! If it doesn't fit, so be it. Don't let a parking garage mess with your plans for your truck!

PSYS

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 RAM SPORT REG CAB 4X4
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Put the lift on! If it doesn't fit, so be it. Don't let a parking garage mess with your plans for your truck!

^^^

this.

OP
OP
I

Installer88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The lift is going on, it's already ordered lol, I'm just curious if I should buy a cheap car as well to fit in the parking garage

evanblain

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree with these guys. I myself don't like parking garages. If I have to think about it than its to close for me

Sent from my ST27a using Tapatalk

OP
OP
I

Installer88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The parking garage may be inevitable, I guess the real question is how high can I go before it won't fit and I need a small secondary vehicle.

Roy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Granite Chrystal Laramie 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Parking Garage

All garages are not created equal if you have 8 feet of clearance you should be ok.
Good Luck

Gymkata

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just installed a 2.5" suspension and have 34" tires. I fit in the parking garage at the extended stay hotel I stay at half of each week and it has 7' clearance. Just drive your truck to any of the garages you might park at and check your clearance ahead of time. If you have 4" of extra clearance now, then no problem. Chances are you will be okay. Even if you fit easily under the height bar at the entrance to the parking garage, be careful that there aren't any especially low areas in the garage you could hit.

OP
OP
I

Installer88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So should I just save the money I had stashed for a secondary vehicle?

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Math

Get current clearance from parking garage (G).

Measure truck (T).

Size of lift (L).

if (T+L) >= G
print ("Will not fit")

Sorry, had to throw some code humor in there, lol.

OP
OP
I

Installer88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol I can appreciate it, I'm actually in the process of getting enrolled back into school and am considering a computer science degree. I've always wanted to learn how to actually write code, rather then use QTP

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I spend more time now managing development that actually developing anything. Nature of the beast I guess.

Can't wait to see the truck lifted. Post some pics when it's done!

OP
OP
I

Installer88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Being in the IT career field, what degree do you feel would really benefit someone long term? I'm trying to decide between NCM and CS

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Parking garages in philly are low enough as it is...most are 5-10 or 6 foot so even stock height is high. Better off I'm just finding a spot out doors to be safe.

Angel

"worrying about MPG in a truck is like looking at a Prius tow rating"

MR.REMBERT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
With a 3" BL you should be fine just about anywhere. Now if you decide on a suspension lift and bigger tires, you will be S.O.L. my friend. Then it will be time to start shopping for a little hoopty.