Parking light out ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cbuts05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey I've recently changed to all Leds and set with alphaobd.. when I start my truck no messages, as soon as I hit the brake I get " parking light out " .. but all my lights are working.

Help is appreciated

OP
OP
C

Cbuts05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm using veepeek everything connects fine

caulk04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Fought this some on my truck after switching to LEDs. My issue was up front and only when using the turn signals.

I changed out the bulbs I was using and now it's fine. Fwiw, I used Alla brand amber bulbs in the front.

OP
OP
C

Cbuts05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure this thing is even working correctly

Screenshot_20201111-180937_AlfaOBD.jpg

rangemaster728

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
I’ve been through that before.

I have a 2020 Classic Tradesman and converted all the lights except for the headlights to LED.

When it came time to pull the headlight buckets I didn’t have the LEDs I usually use so I picked some up at NAPA auto parts...That was a mistake.

In getting the “parking light out “ message I went into diagnostics in AlfaOBD and it certainly was the front lights whenever I engaged the turn signal or the four-way hazard flashers.

You’re going to need to try a different lamp for your front turn signal on running lamps.

These solved my problem:

AUXLIGHT 3157 3156 3057 4157 3157K LED Bulbs Amber Yellow, Ultra Bright 57-SMD LED Replacement for Blinker Lights, Turn Signal/Parking or Running Lights, Brake/Tail Lights (Pack of 2)
by AUXLIGHT
Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07W3B7FZ5/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_D3uRFbNP5BQR7?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

Cbuts05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’ve been through that before.

I have a 2020 Classic Tradesman and converted all the lights except for the headlights to LED.

When it came time to pull the headlight buckets I didn’t have the LEDs I usually use so I picked some up at NAPA auto parts...That was a mistake.

In getting the “parking light out “ message I went into diagnostics in AlfaOBD and it certainly was the front lights whenever I engaged the turn signal or the four-way hazard flashers.

You’re going to need to try a different lamp for your front turn signal on running lamps.

These solved my problem:

AUXLIGHT 3157 3156 3057 4157 3157K LED Bulbs Amber Yellow, Ultra Bright 57-SMD LED Replacement for Blinker Lights, Turn Signal/Parking or Running Lights, Brake/Tail Lights (Pack of 2)
by AUXLIGHT
Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07W3B7FZ5/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_D3uRFbNP5BQR7?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I used sealight and aux beam for the rears, the fronts I had done with resistors already, but I've used the app to change to led, but apparently I need a security cable to actually make it work

rangemaster728

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
If you have a 2018 or later...yes, you will need a security bypass cable.

Tgondii

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Any update on this? Having the same issue. I get the message only when my headlights are on and I am using the blinkers. If the low beams are off then it doesn’t happen. Confused as to why this only seems to be a problem with pro G2s sold in the last couple months. Seems like a quality control issue that has a occurred recently.

Debating on returning or selling my G2s and buying the luxx model instead. It’s annoying to spend $500 and not be able to use the blinker without a loud ding every 5 seconds. The parking lights/blinker are not switchback so that’s not the issue.