Parking lights off delay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thoref

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Eco diesel
On my Ram 1500 2015 my parking lights turn on when I turn on ignition, or if I turn the headlight switch in any position. They will stay on, I can not turn them off. After parking the car, they automatically shut off after several minutes. I have tacen the headlamp switch off the car and cleaned it, but i does not help. I tried to start the car without the switch installed, and the parking lights came on. When I shut off the car, the parking lights shut off right away. Are the parking lights supposed to come on whe I start the car without the switch installed? Any idea what causing this? See pictures for lamps/bulbs that I am talking about.
My car is sold new in Canada, and imported to Norway. I do not know if that makes any difference, thoug. The lights worked as they should when I bought the car used for 3 years ago.

20210318_211744.jpg

20210318_211730.jpg

Phirebeard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There might be a setting in the UConnect system to change it. I know there are all kinds of lighting settings.

OP
OP
T

Thoref

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Eco diesel
I finally found out. Inside the headlight switch, it is a plate with different contacts. It was contact between several areas in there, who was not suppose to have contact. After a good clean of the print plate in the switch, my lights work as they should