Part Number

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jolly7982

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I remember seeing a thread about part numbers. As you can see, the black plastic piece isn't so black anymore. I was wondering if someone could help me out and figure out what the part number is so i can order it. Also, the ones on the door are getting just as bad, it's a 2019 1500. Any help is welcomed. Thank you.

IMG_1363.jpg

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Theres a product called Back To Black that you rub on and it brings back the blackness. I've used it before on my motorcycle fairing that was faded and it did a pretty good job of restoring it. I had to reapply it once in awhile because it would start to come off after a a few months of washing or riding in the rain. That wouldnt be a problem for you because you're not blasting it with a hose. It's a cheaper alternative to replacing everything

OP
OP
jolly7982

jolly7982

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you, I'll have to see if I can't get some out to try it out.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I remember seeing a thread about part numbers. As you can see, the black plastic piece isn't so black anymore. I was wondering if someone could help me out and figure out what the part number is so i can order it. Also, the ones on the door are getting just as bad, it's a 2019 1500. Any help is welcomed. Thank you.

View attachment 463990
ARE U referring to the ring on the dashboard above the radio that looks off color? IF so, that is a standard color, same exact color on MY 19 Bighorn, and I have a dashboard mat that covers area, so that is the designed color/look IMHO...

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Black shoe polish works well to get things black,holds up pretty good and beads water well also.

OP
OP
jolly7982

jolly7982

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am, I tried the Mothers polish, no luck. It's driving me nuts looking at it.

OP
OP
jolly7982

jolly7982

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ARE U referring to the ring on the dashboard above the radio that looks off color? IF so, that is a standard color, same exact color on MY 19 Bighorn, and I have a dashboard mat that covers area, so that is the designed color/look IMHO...
I am, I tried the Mother polish, no joy. It's driving me nuts looking at it.

WY-Dave

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 2500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Allmoparparts (vendor here) has a good reference for part look ups. throw in your info and have fun looking.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am, I tried the Mother polish, no joy. It's driving me nuts looking at it.
THAT mixed color U R seeing is the part with the color that FCA is putting on that ring. If U want, I can send U a pic of mine. There is nothing wrong with it. Now I do not know about the Big High trim models, but on the lower trims like the Bighorn that is the part and color mix that were put in these trucks.

YUP, not off color,. They went to that weird type of color mix on that particular part. Should have either matte black, but wat do I know, or gloss, depends upon what color interior U have. I have the camel/black, and I would prefer a straight black, but alas, LOL.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Part number in there somewhere, if U R trying to replace. I'll let U lose yer mind trying to figure out what it is called.

View attachment 463990
re

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Use Chemical guys VRP. Its a miracle worker.

OP
OP
jolly7982

jolly7982

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
THAT mixed color U R seeing is the part with the color that FCA is putting on that ring. If U want, I can send U a pic of mine. There is nothing wrong with it. Now I do not know about the Big High trim models, but on the lower trims like the Bighorn that is the part and color mix that were put in these trucks.

YUP, not off color,. They went to that weird type of color mix on that particular part. Should have either matte black, but wat do I know, or gloss, depends upon what color interior U have. I have the camel/black, and I would prefer a straight black, but alas, LOL.
Are you kidding!?!? It drives me nuts looking at it. Someone said they had a dash cover, is it just for that one piece?

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are you kidding!?!? It drives me nuts looking at it. Someone said they had a dash cover, is it just for that one piece?
I have a Covermat Dash Cover, but it does not cover that piece, since that piece is like a bezel ring around the dashboard mat. Sorry, and I think that [piece is part of a bigger piece for the entire top of the dashboard, from what I could see on Mopar Illustrations. If U really do not like, I guess either tape off and paint it something. I could be wrong, but do not think so. Maybe U can look and find another part number with a different color that is part of that piece assembly, sorry. See my post #11. In the info I posted/directed U towards, U can also get door pieces and such. But most of them are part of bigger pieces, and not cheap, just saying.
As U can see, the dash cover does not cover that part because it is part of the rim on the upper dash mat. U can also see the mixed colors on that rim piece. I have a dash cover because of extreme heat here, and the camel brown dash reflects real bad in the windshield from sunlight and also headlights.

41976600_163563681235808_3355622240006701056_n.jpg