Passenger door ajar will not go out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deeretech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I can't get my passenger door to show closed on the EVIC. I tried a new door module on that side, no dice. New switch/latch assembly, also no good. I followed the pur/white wire from the door switch all the way to the BCM and checked continuity, got .2 to .3 ohms resistance. I went so far as to remove the pur/white wire from the connector at the BCM and reconnect the BCM, it still shows the door open. This leads me to believe its an internal problem with the BCM because the door switch closes a path to ground when it is opened. Anyone else ever experience something similar? Is there anything I can do with alfaobd to ignore the door switch completely at least until I can find whats going on? Thanks

OP
OP
D

deeretech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Fixed it. I have no idea how it got changed but I had to go in with Alfaobd and change the passenger door ajar signal. For some reason it was looking for the exterior door handle, not the ajar switch. Found it by reading my log file. Very important to have logs turned on when you are changing stuff and might not know for sure what it affects outside what you think it does. All is well no BCM replacement required!