Passenger rear window

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigbuck92

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
My passenger rear window decided today it will only go down not up. I took my door apart and ended up hand turning the gear up position. So i dont think its the motor or switch will not work with either switches. When i press the down button i can hear the motor engage and see the gear spin. Up button it wont make any noises or spin. What yall think motor or wire issue?

Last edited:

DT440

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Had this happen on my 2015. After several trips to the dealer, it ended up being a loose wire to the motor where it goes into the door jamb under rubber boot.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
bigbuck92

bigbuck92

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Thanks ill pull the boot off and check. It has 2 wires going into the motor under the panel. Looks like they are in there good but maybe something got pinched.

OP
OP
bigbuck92

bigbuck92

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
So ended up ordering a new switch for the rear and the window still didnt work. I wiggled some wires in the door jam and on the front, drivers switch. All of a sudden it started working. Switched back original switch in the back and it still worked. So However next day it quit working again so once again I fiddled with the drivers switch and it worked. After some inspection im almost certain the clip holding the harness into the switch is broke. It seems like I'll have to jam it in there real good and wiggle it when it quits working. If anyone is having this same issue, check your drivers switch when troubleshooting.