Passenger side interior door panels warping - warranty denied

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

star_deceiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Top of the panels are peeling up, noticed it quite a while ago but as I hate wasting my time at the dealer I left it. Took it in with 599xx kms, end of B2B warranty. They looked at it. Ram Canada denied the claim, said Appears to be user caused damage, which it wasn't. It looks like sun warpage to me, but it's weird that both drivers side doors don't have this issue as the truck spends just as much time with the left side towards the sun. I thought about calling higher up people and appealing the claim but that seems like another waste of time on a non-issue.

The door panels cost over $1200 each, so I will be doing nothing.

You can see the warpage where the panel meets the window on the passenger side. There are no clips either to force it back.
IMG_20230629_145904.jpgIMG_20230629_145918.jpg

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Might try a heat gun to soften it and bend them back in place. Other option, wrecker might have the right panels pretty cheap as that is not a commonly sought after part. Best of luck.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Top of the panels are peeling up, noticed it quite a while ago but as I hate wasting my time at the dealer I left it. Took it in with 599xx kms, end of B2B warranty. They looked at it. Ram Canada denied the claim, said Appears to be user caused damage, which it wasn't. It looks like sun warpage to me, but it's weird that both drivers side doors don't have this issue as the truck spends just as much time with the left side towards the sun. I thought about calling higher up people and appealing the claim but that seems like another waste of time on a non-issue.

You can see the warpage where the panel meets the window on the passenger side. There are no clips either to force it back.
View attachment 524971View attachment 524972
That is extreme. I wonder what they think you did to it? You did it very uniformly ;)

18harvest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's weird.could it be that both of your trucks are subject to extreme cold and then it heats up?

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
That's weird.could it be that both of your trucks are subject to extreme cold and then it heats up?
I would say yes, Canada lol

but truthfully I bought my truck in spring after the most of the snow and cold was over and not very long after say 3 or 4 months I had noticed this happening, in the middle of summer so i would say yes to extreme heat deforming the plastic

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Well I am from the south US we have Temps in the 100's sometimes but I have never had any of my rams do this.
in that case maybe its the extreme cold in the winter contracts the plastic seams/joints/supports and when it gets all heated up in the summer it can no longer hold its form properly

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Well I am from the south US we have Temps in the 100's sometimes but I have never had any of my rams do this.how in the world is this not a warrany issiue is beyond me
I agree is should be warranty. All vehicles in my part of Canada live through -50 to plus 95 and I have never once seen this. I have no idea what caused it but if it was just temperature it should be WAY more common than it is.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
in that case maybe its the extreme cold in the winter contracts the plastic seams/joints/supports and when it gets all heated up in the summer it can no longer hold its form properly
Along those lines, and since it's so uniform, I wonder if it's not warped but rather under tension? Maybe popping the card off would show you if it's truly warped or just being bent by it's mounting points contracting?

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Does this vehicle get more direct sun on the passenger side?

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build Date: 3 June 2018. Now at 94793 miles.

anchorsaweigh

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Warranty claims with RAM are like ******* into the wind.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

@RamCares might be able to intervene on your behalf...

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My truck is 10 years old, lives outside, sees temps from 0⁰ to 100⁰ depending on the time of year, and my door panels are not doing that at all. That's a defect plain and simple, they just don't want to deal with it.
Mine lived outside for most of its life as well. Mine has never done this either.

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Did you find any at the wreckers? OEM new is clearly off the table.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357