Pedal Commander Longevity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B_Hansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey everyone, Just installed a Pedal Commander a few days ago and I just have a few questions to the people who have had one for a long time.

Has anyone had any issues with Check engine light, etc

if not how long have you been using it everyday.

thanks

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8
Hey everyone, Just installed a Pedal Commander a few days ago and I just have a few questions to the people who have had one for a long time.

thanks
Been using on sport 3 mode everyday for 3 years and never a problem or check engine light. Honestly though I try not to go in and out of modes and if I do it is in idle in park when I first start up, but never any issues. Enjoy

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Ive heard the Eco mode can sometimes set a code but I've personally never had a problem with it. Mine has been set on City +2 for years now with no issues

James OBrien

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hermi
I've had a blinking check engine light before, usually when I've got it in city mode and stomp on it to get through an on-ramp or just for fun, the check engine light will blink a few times until things smooth out. I suspect it's the ECU not liking where things are relative to the throttle/pedal position but I haven't pulled the codes to see what it is. It hasn't happened in a while.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L

thanks
18 Ram 2500 4x4 c/c

I've had mine in the truck for 2 years now and no problems.
Speaking of no problems; The mds solenoids have been the only problem with my truck since I bought it brand new on 1/1/18
This sure has been an awesome truck. I know it will be for a lot more years to come.
The PC was the very 1st mod done on my truck 2nd was a Solo Exhaust Delete Kit.

Blue Mule

VB712

Maxi_built
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have had mine on multiple settings for over a year now with zero issues. When I change settings, I do it in park or neutral.

88ROOK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
my first unit had an internal electrical problem that caused the engine light to come on and the truck to go into limp mode. sent the unit back they said it was faulty and sent me a new no problem.

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
My buddy has one in his ram and the only time he had a “issue” was when he first got it and was playing with the settings a bunch it kicked on the check engine light but it went away after he went for a drive.

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
Sport +1 for me. Had it for a year. I change it rarely and had zero issues ever.

Miklo84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have had mine for a couple weeks now, I don’t change the settings on the fly, no issues, city +3 gives me the extra boost I want for driving around, but when it’s play time, sport+ +3 is where it’s at, traction control off and the rubber is burning!

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
2 1/2 years now and never an issue. Removed from my 17 and its now residing in my 19 classic set on sport (no plus or minus) as engine is relatively new.
I have swapped settings on the fly before but NEVER under hard accelleration.
Only issue I ever had was couldnt get it connected back up fast enough after a dealer visit!! Mine is the old school non bluetooth model

James OBrien

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hermi
It's just a circuit board and electronics with no moving parts, theoretically it should last as long as any other piece of electronics in your truck. It's dealing with such small voltages that unless you get struck by lightning or something else really unusual. I mean the truck, not you personally.