Pedal Commander

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bcryan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My gripe about the throttle response is at take off.PC doesn’t really change it much IMO.. Now mid acceleration you definitely notice it and I don’t have to paddle shift it to keep the RPM up

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
Bizarre. I am a fairly performance oriented driver and never felt the least bit disappointed when I stab the pedal.

Agreed, compared to a stock 2014, this 2020 was fantastic. I ordered my Pedal Commander before I got the truck, and almost didn't hook it up. I did though, and its even better. That hesitation I'd get sometimes, especially coming off of MDS, is better.

All, those who have installed in the 5th Gens, any issues with the Christmas tree in the dash going haywire? Have seen some reviews that eluded to issues with throwing codes and lights up the dash. Been thinking about it but concerned about codes.

Had mine installed for a week or so now, no issues yet. If it does do those things, you can always unhook it... it doesn't plug into the computer master harness or anything, its just the throttle position sensor off the gas pedal.

My gripe about the throttle response is at take off.PC doesn’t really change it much IMO.. Now mid acceleration you definitely notice it and I don’t have to paddle shift it to keep the RPM up

It doesn't completely get rid of it, yes, but it does seem to help. At least, in my case it does.

bluebeast1562

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Purchased a PC78, should be here tomorrow, 14 August. Where have you all ran the cables that go to the pedal hook up? Noticed that there is no open space under the steering wheel like my 4th Gen. Seems that Ram decided to close up the entire area around the steering wheel with plether.

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Purchased a PC78, should be here tomorrow, 14 August. Where have you all ran the cables that go to the pedal hook up? Noticed that there is no open space under the steering wheel like my 4th Gen. Seems that Ram decided to close up the entire area around the steering wheel with plether.

I stuck mine down behind the center console on the flat surface in between the console and the heater ducts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bluebeast1562

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I stuck mine down behind the center console on the flat surface in between the console and the heater ducts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, will give that a shot depending on the length of the PC cable.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone interested in a Pedal Commander please feel free to message me for more info and a quote

bluebeast1562

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’m sure most have heard about it or have it. But I just got it and damn. I actually have throttle response. A very welcomed and needed modification to the lazy factory setting. That’s it. JB

View attachment 190033
Installed today, throttle response is spot on. BTW, did you download and using the APP for the PC for BT? Looked on the APP store, bad reviews on the APP itself. TIA

Rav3ncroft

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've had mine installed for over a week now and it's what it needed from the factory. I downloaded the app immediately and it works without issues. Which is good since I mounted it under the dash and out of site.

Thanks again Nick.

Rav3ncroft

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also, there are some that have mentioned the PC makes no change from take off. I totally disagree. The hesitation is gone and the truck no longer feels like it's falling on its face.

It's my daily driver so I settled in on City +2 for now. But Sport + is just crazy.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi eTorque
Anybody using this with an eTorque? PC78 Bluetooth? The PC website does not list the eTorque.

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Also, there are some that have mentioned the PC makes no change from take off. I totally disagree. The hesitation is gone and the truck no longer feels like it's falling on its face.

It's my daily driver so I settled in on City +2 for now. But Sport + is just crazy.
Whoever said there was no difference probably had it set in Eco, or maybe City, but in the negative range. Nobody ever said it didn't do anything while set in Sport+ 4. o_O

Alter Ego Trip

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Sport Night Edition
Engine
Anybody using this with an eTorque? PC78 Bluetooth? The PC website does not list the eTorque.

I don't think there's a difference. That being said; I'd really like to hear from owners running this on the ET. The whole point of the ET was to assist with take off. I had a PC on my 18 I traded in and really liked it. I'm not sure I would realize the same improvement with the ET.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, I have a couple of questions about this Pedal Commander.

1) Does it affect the PCm at all. Say I use it for 3 months and it lost it's novelty, does it affect the PCM at all afterwards?

2) Does it "actually" make the truck faster or just make it feel faster? Any proof it makes the truck faster, if that is the case?

Plankton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So, I have a couple of questions about this Pedal Commander.

1) Does it affect the PCm at all. Say I use it for 3 months and it lost it's novelty, does it affect the PCM at all afterwards?

2) Does it "actually" make the truck faster or just make it feel faster? Any proof it makes the truck faster, if that is the case?

1. No.
2. It just takes the lag out of throttle response. No HP gains at all.

Instead of hitting the throttle and... ... ...now it goes...
You hitthethrottleanditgoes.

BBhorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I just installed the PC yesterday. I tried it on city +2 first and it doesn't really feel any different to me. I tried sport setting next and I felt a big difference. I have not put it to sport + yet but I will. So far I like it ,now I need to find the best setting for me. I agree with Plankton hitthethrottleandgoes!

Rav3ncroft

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a RCSB so city +2 was very noticeable for me. I'm glad you're noticing a difference on other settings. It won't be hard for you to settle in to what's best for you.

Truckin19

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Just got my PC yesterday and installed on the 6.4 2500. City +4 I could tell made a difference for sure....sport +1 was awesome! I really had my doubts that the PC would make any difference at all, but after trying it out for myself I am very happy I decided to pull the trigger. I honestly agree with other members who have previously stated that the RAM should have come from the factory like this. At any rate, if you are on the fence about purchasing this device....don't be....once you get it and go through a few runs you won't be disappointed.