Pentastar Exhaust Reccomendations

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PbnJdams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
I am looking into doing a muffler swap on my 1500 / V6. I want something really mellow with a little rumble at idle and a little more when you step on it. I've heard a lot of guys talk about putting a super 10 on and leaving the stock resonator in place. Obviously want to avoid drone and ricer-eqsue sound.

Any thoughts?

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I am looking into doing a muffler swap on my 1500 / V6. I want something really mellow with a little rumble at idle and a little more when you step on it. I've heard a lot of guys talk about putting a super 10 on and leaving the stock resonator in place. Obviously want to avoid drone and ricer-eqsue sound.

Any thoughts?
Put an OEM sport or hemi muffler with dual exhaust on. Lots of take offs are available. Market price is $150ish for muffler back to tips.

This is my setup and I would describe it as exactly what you have described.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
This is perfect, thanks guys.
If you were thinking about an open Airbox aftermarket intake of some kind, I don't recommendation it on the 3.6L. For me it made that sound you were wanting to avoid...

Also you don't need the dual cutout bumper for the stock duals. The tips are adjustable and the OEM instructions even address both installs.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you were thinking about an open Airbox aftermarket intake of some kind, I don't recommendation it on the 3.6L. For me it made that sound you were wanting to avoid...

Also you don't need the dual cutout bumper for the stock duals. The tips are adjustable and the OEM instructions even address both installs.

Yeah I ran my OEM dual exhaust for a year with with a non cutout bumper.

I have the OEM Mopar CAI and it works great and doesn’t make it sound bad.

073F2260-E3E2-4759-BD54-8F022CD95F92.jpeg

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Yeah I ran my OEM dual exhaust for a year with with a non cutout bumper.

I have the OEM Mopar CAI and it works great and doesn’t make it sound bad.

View attachment 238016
Yours is closed so it probably sounds much better. I had the K&N which is supposed to be closed but seals very poorly especially for the price...I had a video but YouTube has deleted it for some reason. I'll try to re-upload and post the video of that setup for comparison tomorrow.

OP
OP
P

PbnJdams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
man that sounds great

you know of a good place to get the OEM duals? Im having some trouble finding them even at junkyards in the middle of winter.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
man that sounds great

you know of a good place to get the OEM duals? Im having some trouble finding them even at junkyards in the middle of winter.
Craigslist and eBay. Also LKQ online has a network of yards that they ship too if one is near you.

If you post a wanted add in this forum I'm sure someone has one and they may be in your area.

dwhutch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Put an OEM sport or hemi muffler with dual exhaust on. Lots of take offs are available. Market price is $150ish for muffler back to tips.

This is my setup and I would describe it as exactly what you have described.

Do you know if the exhaust changed with the new bodystyle in 2019, I see a 2020 take off near me.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Do you know if the exhaust changed with the new bodystyle in 2019, I see a 2020 take off near me.
That I don't know, sorry. Are you sure its notva Classic?