Pentastar Owners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David776895

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
and its obvious you're not a real man
this school yard crap is fun
only a smart axx comment David
don't take it personal
BTW I got this old by just hanging around a long time
brian j
It's all good, I don't take forums personally, they are fun for me too. But I am surprised and impressed you can use a keyboard. :)

Edit: I am really just new to this site and trying to get my # of posts up. :)

Guy who drives truck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 Express CC
Engine
"Hemi" 5.7
Probably late to the party, but here we go anyhow. When I test drove a CC 4x4 with the 3.6, there was honestly very little to complain about. Hate to confess this, but for all the more load I throw at my Hemi? I'd probably been just as well served with the Pentastar.

tncruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7hemi
It's all good, I don't take forums personally, they are fun for me too. But I am surprised and impressed you can use a keyboard. :)

Edit: I am really just new to this site and trying to get my # of posts up. :)

hey don't attack my keyboard skills
I GOT GRANDKIDS THAT KEEP ME IN THE GAME

and my keyboard has real big letters so I can see them and a few keys have pictures so I can keep track
brianj

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
hey don't attack my keyboard skills
I GOT GRANDKIDS THAT KEEP ME IN THE GAME

and my keyboard has real big letters so I can see them and a few keys have pictures so I can keep track
brianj

Just a little of topic I think......

tncruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7hemi
Attention everyone.... We are not allowed to have fun on this forum. Please no joking around.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I am very old my attention span is short
further more I heard you have to have a sense of humor to drive a sixxer
brianj

roadshow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I actually traded a 2013 1500 Express 4x4 CC Hemi/6spd back into the dealer after 4 months (3k mi) for the V6 SLT because of the 3-5 mpg difference in essentially the same truck... And made $3k off the Express. The express was certainly a bit more fun to drive, but the v6 has been good for me.

If it had been a hemi/8spd truck, then I would have kept it.

I guess if you're that wrapped up about mpg, but I'd take a 6 speed Hemi over an 8 speed v6 any day of the week. The 8 speed hemi is also only hyped on this forum by city dweller members (majority of this forum) and frequent heavy payload towers (the smart ones have since traded in for a 2500). Out on the country roads and highways where I am the 8 speed 1/2 tons aren't getting anything on me for daily use and I've used them. In town, the 8 speed hemi was a little nicer, but people tend to frown on you gunning it from a stop sign in small towns to get from 0 to 20mph a little faster LOL. :lol:

I guess I just can't wrap my head around the mpg obsession by some guys here when it comes to pickup trucks. I just pay for the recycled dinosaurs as part of the package of owning a truck.

kevperro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
it from a stop sign in small towns to get from 0 to 20mph a little faster LOL. :lol:

I guess I just can't wrap my head around the mpg obsession by some guys here when it comes to pickup trucks. I just pay for the recycled dinosaurs as part of the package of owning a truck.

Lifetime cost difference of 3 MPG. And note... some people are rich and some poor. The difference between the two can typically be found in small choices made over a lifetime. ;-)

Attachments

• fuel cost.PNG
    fuel cost.PNG
    6.3 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
The 2013 v6/8spd CC 4x4 SLT is actually the truck I wanted, test drove 4x and tried to get a good price on over a 10mos span, but the dealer wouldn't budge on it at all until it sat there almost a year (bought in Mar14).
2013 v8/6spd CC 4x4 express was just a darn good deal at $26.5k that I could not pass up. Traded it back in to the same dealer for $29k and got the SLT for $29.4k.

With the Appalachian terrain and my driving style it was a significant difference at the pump on a 26 gallon tank full between the two. And I only need a truck bed occasionally so it's nice to have vs borrowing a trailer.

From my Up All Night Sleep All Day Gs7 on Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: RWW

2015er

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L Pentastar and proud
I have 2015 Laramie Pentastar that I ordered from the factory - 3.55 gears and part of the reason I ordered was so I could get the pentastar configuration. I also have all the options - air suspension, Ramboxes and skid plate so she's a littl eon the heavier side. I love this truck - but THE best part is the Pentastar. It honsetly feels like a V8 plenty of acceleration and 21 MPG.

I also got Flowmaster dual exhausts installed before I took delivery and she's sounds BETTER than a hemi!

THETANK

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have 2015 Laramie Pentastar that I ordered from the factory - 3.55 gears and part of the reason I ordered was so I could get the pentastar configuration. I also have all the options - air suspension, Ramboxes and skid plate so she's a littl eon the heavier side. I love this truck - but THE best part is the Pentastar. It honsetly feels like a V8 plenty of acceleration and 21 MPG.

I also got Flowmaster dual exhausts installed before I took delivery and she's sounds BETTER than a hemi!

last point, all I can say is OK THEN:crazy:

roadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Lone Star
Engine
Hemi
My 2014 Lone Star V-6 with 3.21 rear end struggled to tow our new Flagstaff 4500 lb travel trailer. Would not upshift on level roads in tow/haul mode. Traded for a 2014 Lone Star with a Hemi. What a difference!

tfeni52355

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Longhorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi, 4x4, Air Suspension
Owned a 2014 Pentastar 4x2 Bighorn crew cab. Great gas mileage. Decent power and pickup. However,
Nothing but problems:
1) heads torn off twice for overheating at 13k miles
2) poor workmanship with truck in shop for 23 days straight
3) tranny and torque converter at 40k miles
4) oil cooler at 48K miles
5) fuel system issues

Chrysler did a buy back. Now I drive a Hemi Longhorn. No comparison.

Ps. I owned the 8 speed V6 and now own the 8 speed Hemi. The 8 speed Hemi tranny is totally different and better by miles.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

satxwy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
Owned a 2014 Pentastar 4x2 Bighorn crew cab. Great gas mileage. Decent power and pickup. However,
Nothing but problems:
1) heads torn off twice for overheating at 13k miles
2) poor workmanship with truck in shop for 23 days straight
3) tranny and torque converter at 40k miles
4) oil cooler at 48K miles
5) fuel system issues

Chrysler did a buy back. Now I drive a Hemi Longhorn. No comparison.

Ps. I owned the 8 speed V6 and now own the 8 speed Hemi. The 8 speed Hemi tranny is totally different and better by miles.

What difference did you notice in performance of the transmissions?

tfeni52355

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Longhorn
Engine
Hemi 8 speed is smoother and just shifts so much less than the v6. Of course the v6 would shift more to keep it in the torque band. But the Hemi tranny just feels so much better up shifting and down shifting. It's like night and day.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

David776895

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 8 speed is smoother and just shifts so much less than the v6. Of course the v6 would shift more to keep it in the torque band. But the Hemi tranny just feels so much better up shifting and down shifting. It's like night and day.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
I haven't heard of a lot of problems with the v6.

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I experienced an Interesting little event yesterday. Driving down a very quiet highway and a black Ram came up behind me and pulled out to pass, as he pulled along side he gave a nod to go. No badging on his truck but I knew it was a Hemi by the deafening exhaust note and duels. We both hit it and stayed neck and neck until we hit 180 kph, I laid of because of wet pavement and so did he. We both drove the limit for about 3 kms and he indicated to pull over. We chatted about out trucks and he was shocked to learn I had the Pentastar 8 spd. Not sure what the truck tops out at but it has lots of get up and go. He said his was the 2013, 6 spd and Hemi. We parted ways with a hand shake and he just smoked the rear wheels when leaving, Mine was just a little chirp on take off, lol.

tfeni52355

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Longhorn
Engine
I know I reported a lot of problems with my 2014 V6. However when the truck wasn't in the shop (which was constantly) I really enjoyed driving it. It never really felt underpowered but I didn't tow either.

David776895

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I don't notice it being underpowered at all. I also don't tow much.

TerraNewf

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Tows really good if you stay within the limits, mpg suffers though

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads