Photo Request - Dual Exhaust Under Bumper without Bumper Cutouts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Narwhal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Really didn't want to start a new thread for this but none of the others I found were specific enough and I only saw pictures of one guy who tried this...

Looking for pictures and feedback on guys who have run a dual exhaust under their rear bumper, aiming straight out the back, without the factory bumper cutouts. I just picked up a 2018 Express Hemi and it has this type of bumper and I'm curious if it would look like crap or not.

I've been in touch with Corsa and even emailed them pictures of my truck, showing that the hangers are on the passenger side already. I've talked to Magnaflow as well but not a huge fan of the tips on their system and they didn't think different tips would work.

So has anyone out there done this, regardless of system, custom ones included?

To be clear, I've seen enough pictures of "hidden" exhausts with rear bumper turndowns, and I've also seen side exit exhaust, both single and dual. I don't need pictures of those.

Thanks in advance.

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
i wish i could help ya out.. ive seen pics over time and in my opinion it is not a good look.. functional yes, pretty no... just my opinion of course

OP
OP
Narwhal

Narwhal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i wish i could help ya out.. ive seen pics over time and in my opinion it is not a good look.. functional yes, pretty no... just my opinion of course

i appreciate the anecdote. i'm worried it will look bad too. borla also has an under-bumper system. their polished stainless tip version is on clearance right now but the black tip one isn't.

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
well... lets see a full size shot please... !!!

swine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here's mine. While I'd like to get the cut out bumper it's not in the budget right now. If the bumper was chrome it'd be easy to find a replacement, but it's painted a metallic black and they're impossible to find around here. Factory dual exhaust and tips. They have to be angled down in order to clear the bumper.

0120181302b.jpg 0120181303.jpg

TXCOMT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Found a bunch o' images when I Googled "hemi ram 1500 dual without bumper cutout."

I'd say it's an OK look, but that's what I like about the Rams versus Chevy and Ford...the exhausts under those trucks just hang there like afterthoughts. Our rigs have pipes that are much more thoughtfully placed.

TXCOMT

OP
OP
Narwhal

Narwhal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here's mine. While I'd like to get the cut out bumper it's not in the budget right now. If the bumper was chrome it'd be easy to find a replacement, but it's painted a metallic black and they're impossible to find around here. Factory dual exhaust and tips. They have to be angled down in order to clear the bumper

Did you try or consider trying using longer hangers to get the exhaust lower? Or modifying it such that you could get the tips further past the bumper so they don't hit?

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you try or consider trying using longer hangers to get the exhaust lower? Or modifying it such that you could get the tips further past the bumper so they don't hit?

I couldn't find a picture but when I was still running the non cutout bumper with the OEM dual exhaust the tips didn't touch the bumper. I had at least a finger thickness of space between the top of the tips and the bottom of the bumper. It doesn't look bad but I do like it better now with my cutout bumper and 5" tips.

OP
OP
Narwhal

Narwhal

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I couldn't find a picture but when I was still running the non cutout bumper with the OEM dual exhaust the tips didn't touch the bumper. I had at least a finger thickness of space between the top of the tips and the bottom of the bumper. It doesn't look bad but I do like it better now with my cutout bumper and 5" tips.

...and that standoff between the tips and bumper was good enough? never rattled or made contact?

like swine, i have BBP paint and i don't think i'll find a bumper anytime soon. not sure i want to invest in one for $250+paint just to have the exhaust look right on a lease. if the under-bumper look sucks and and i can't find a cutout bumper that's already painted, i'll probably just do a hidden exhaust or possibly even a different side exit exhaust.

swine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

The tips don't touch the bumper. I put a 1/4" spacer between them and the bumper, adjusted them and tightened them in place. I wasn't inclined to modify any of the exhaust just to change the angle/height of the tips. I may eventually get a new bumper, but between the cost of a bumper and getting it painted to match I'm probably looking at least $450. It's not high on my priority list.

atom13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Na
Engine
Na
Here's mine. While I'd like to get the cut out bumper it's not in the budget right now. If the bumper was chrome it'd be easy to find a replacement, but it's painted a metallic black and they're impossible to find around here. Factory dual exhaust and tips. They have to be angled down in order to clear the bumper.

View attachment 133654 View attachment 133655

That really doesn’t look bad. I bought a muffler locally for $20. Im getting my pipes later this week from a local guy for $125. I’ll be running it without cutout until I can find a good chrome bumper.