pick-up or cab & chassis

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaPitt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
SO help me with this one .. 1 Ton dual wheel rear axle .
1. Which one is the wides .. Dually Pick-up or the Cab & Chassis .
2 My Pick-up is a 3/4 & if I wanted to put dual wheels under it . which one do I need .& I do have a Western Hauler Wrecker Flat Bed .. SO tHE DUALS WONT STICK OUT FROM UNDER THE SIDES OF THE BED WILL THEY.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I think the axles are the same, the difference is the frame on the truck. The standard dually has provisions for mounting the bed, chassis cabs are basically flat. I know some of the utility beds are made specific for a standard dually vs the chassis cab.

maxx442

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500
Engine
6.7 H.O.
A cab and chassis rear differential is narrower than a true dually rear differential. Up through 1993 all frames are the same width whether it's a 1/2, 3/4 or 1 ton, cab and chassis trucks included (38 inches outside of frame to outside of frame if I remember correctly). At a minimum a cab and chassis frame will be 4 inches longer than a long bed dually frame.

OP
OP
P

PaPitt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
Ok thanks for the reply's Guys. I'm still new to this web sight .& I did not know anyone had replied to me.
.. SO i'LL HAVE TO DECIDE if I'd rathe have a dually or a single wheel flatbed .
... THANKS.