Picked Up My New Tail Lights From the Painter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
johnnysart

johnnysart

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Thank you guys and gals. I'll be uploading video a little later so stay tuned.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
Johnny, the truck looks awesome. Its nice to see an early 3rd gen truck that is in such great shape. Keep it up.

OP
OP
johnnysart

johnnysart

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Johnny, the truck looks awesome. Its nice to see an early 3rd gen truck that is in such great shape. Keep it up.

Thank you Matt. I love my truck and plan on doing more down the road.

Heres the video as promised.
[yt]8DJItDm1oNg[/yt]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DJItDm1oNg

I also have some led amber bulb for the headlights and some new headlight bulbs from Recon I plan on installing when I finally decide what to do as far as my headlights go.

Last edited:

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
lovin' the tails!

sausec17

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How bad was the disassemble and reassemble? Im looking to do this with some smoked recons, but painted black. Finally got pulled over after a year of tinted tail lights....need to do something

OP
OP
johnnysart

johnnysart

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
How bad was the disassemble and reassemble? Im looking to do this with some smoked recons, but painted black. Finally got pulled over after a year of tinted tail lights....need to do something

It took me some time to take them apart. It was a pain because I had to be extra careful so wouldn't break them as opposed to opening headlights which is much easier imo. And I used a heat gun rather then baking them.

Putting them back together was way easier though you have to go around the inside and the edge with clear silicone.

I already did the same with my 3rd brake light and I just took it to my painter this friday so I'll post up pic's when I get her back.

Heres a quick crappy video I made -
[yt]AqQGW0fadLg[/yt]

Oh and btw once you take everything apart the leds are removable as you'll see in the video.

Last edited:

jonathanhudaon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey,
The lens for me was no big deal to take apart but after that I can't seem to get any of the Chrome insert inner parts to come off. Don't want to pry to hard as I'm afraid I'm going to crack it. Is there any tabs or some kind of trick to getting it off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

OLEred03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk