PLEASE HELP - Battery Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redram04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2017 Ram 1500 5.7. Need to replace a heavily corroded positive battery terminal. Unable to find a replacement part or part#. Has anyone had to do this? It looks like there is no replacement available unless I replace the all of the battery wiring and I'm unable to find a part for it either. Unable to find any aftermarkets that will connect to the fusible link. Dealership has no idea either. They are thinking that I may have to replace the ENTIRE HARNESS.. Worried about getting stranded on the road until I get this fixed.

16Ram4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just a suggestion, have you tried a local salvage yard to get the positive battery terminal/wires that you need off another gen 4 Ram.
All you would need to do is just splice those wires into your harness one by one.
Very important splice the wires together using the method that the factory service manual calls for.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
2017 Ram 1500 5.7. Need to replace a heavily corroded positive battery terminal. Unable to find a replacement part or part#. Has anyone had to do this? It looks like there is no replacement available unless I replace the all of the battery wiring and I'm unable to find a part for it either. Unable to find any aftermarkets that will connect to the fusible link. Dealership has no idea either. They are thinking that I may have to replace the ENTIRE HARNESS.. Worried about getting stranded on the road until I get this fixed.

Have you done the old Baking Soda treatment to try and clean it up.Being a 17 you might get lucky soaking it in a cup of water and baking soda and wire brushing it clean,then give it another soak in clean water and baking soda,then use a grease spec'd for battery terminals. If you haven't done that,i'd try it first and if it doesn't clean up,then go looking for a battery cable

OP
OP
redram04

redram04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wild One, I have cleaned the terminal but it took on some damage because it was so corroded. Therefore, I am unable to get a very good hook up to the battery post. This is why I need to replace it.

Elevated 2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Try Napa and Carquest. Sometimes they have some off the oddest OEM parts that nobody else has. I’m really surprised the dealer can’t find 1 for you.