Please help, rec nav unit disk error?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hemi1300

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Long story short, I bought a used rec nav unit from a guy with an 06 ram for my 07. Seller stated it was in perfect working order and the 6 disc changer was working perfectly when he removed it from his truck. After installing it, something is messed up with the disc changer. He said he left the nav disc loaded into the unit, but the slot for the nav disc seems to not have a disc in it, bc when I go to insert just a random disc the player wants to suck it right in the nav spot. The 6 disc changer shouldn't have any cd's in it bc he removed them all, but the whole time I am driving the truck the unit blinks disc error at the very bottom of the screen every 30 seconds or so. If I hit the eject button, I hear a slight hum from inside the unit every few seconds as it is trying to cycle between the discs I guess? But never shoots out a disc and I can't insert a cd into it either. If I hit the eject button on the nav slot it makes noise and acts like it is going to shoot out a disc but nothing, and displays nav message? I don't have the gps antenna installed yet bc I'm waiting on it to arrive through the dealer. Could it just be acting up bc the gps antenna isn't hooked up? Sorry for the long post, just hopin someone could lead me in the right direction, hopefully I didn't just flush $300 and the unit is trash

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Maybe he didn't put the nav disc in the right slot , idk...just throwing something out there

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Hmmm that is very odd

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
or he just lied that it worked but it doesn't. sounds like the CD drives don't work if nothing is coming out.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk