PO 441 mystery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StephenJ5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7L Hemi, I have a code PO 441 “evap emission control system purge flow fault” . I made a dumb decision and took it to the dealership to see if they could Atleast point me in the right direction, they are buffoons, they claimed to have smoke tested my purge valve and said it was bad, wanted $360 to change it but it’s a $50 part and requires no tools nd 5 minutes to change. Took it home and got another code on the way, they left a pair of vice grips on a vacuum line, genius. Anyway, I took the purge valve off and couldn’t blow from one side to the other, hooked it to 12VDC and bam wide open, so obviously not the purge valve. I have already replace the charcoal canister up upper the vehicle, I did find a line from center of tank to the forward of the tank to a check valve, the nipple broken off and both sides capped could this be the culprit or is it not a deal breaker, I believe it’s called the rollover valve on front and one rear. I just don’t want to buy a $800 gas tank to not have I fix the issue. Thanks guys

srv1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 c.i. HEMI MAGNUM
i was told a while back that a common evap problem was the "vapor leak detection pump",replaced mine,did not fix.i was getting codes for small and med. leaks.i went over the system,everything looked alright.i was going to take it in for a smoke test and i figured i would try one more thing.i noticed alot of condesation in my gas cap and thought that maybe it had something to do with it.i cleared the code and started using "heet" water remover with every fill up.cap stayed bone dry and i have not seen those codes for about 8 yrs now.hope this helps.i hate this evap ********.my truck gets 10 mpg and they are worried about a little vapor escaping.

srv1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
345 c.i. HEMI MAGNUM
i bought my leak detection pump at the stealership and pd. alot more but i think its like thirty bucks at rock auto and i have a 5% disc. code if you want.