Possibly the best modification for your truck...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FancyStancy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Okay, now that I have your attention..

No matter what mods are on your truck, no matter how nice your wheels are, go fast parts, amazing body work, lifted or lowered, it always looks better just a little bit cleaner. Even if you have a bone stock truck, clean trucks always stand out. When I first got into "detailing" I made so many mistakes. Things that looking back at it now just make me cringe. Over the past year, I have spend a lot of time into learning about detailing, and not just learning about it, but learning the sciences of it. Once I got a little more serious, I started to use the off the shelf (OTS) products. Don't get me wrong, OTS products improved my paint, but nothing on the level of the professional grade products. Recently, I decided to step up my detailing game and go to all professional products. I decided to go with Adams Polishes. Most of y'all have probably heard of them since they are involved in the forums. I was actually impressed with their prices. Now to the average Joe, spending 25$ on a bottle of wax or polish might seem crazy, but in all reality, it really isnt once you see the results. I picked up the full package to completely "paint correct" my truck (removing any minor imperfection in the clear coat which removes all swirls). I sat aside some time and started working. Immediately I noticed results. Remember, I said I am no expert, I was new to all of this. After some time, my truck was completely swirl free. My paint looks brand new. I actually had someone say my paint on my 10 year old truck looked better than their 2014 Jeep. None of these products are "dangerous" or "harmful" and are all very easy to use.

Adams does not just carry polishes and waxes, but also anything else you need for detailing. Very high quality towels, quick detailer, brushes and everything else. If you are a weekend warrior or a professional, you gotta check out Adams Polishes, I am now a lifetime customer:waytogo:
I am not getting paid or anything for this, this is the real deal from another dude here on the forums. I used to hear other talk highly about their products on the forums, but I was happy at the time with the OTS products. I felt I didnt need to buy the professional stuff. But biting the bullet and spending the money has proved to me I was wrong. I recommend you do the same

Following are some pictures of my paint correction process. I will keep updating the thread with reviews of their individual products and pictures of my truck. Feel free to ask any questions

Adam's Premium Car Care - Cleaners, Waxes and Polishes Made in the USA

Attachments

• A1.jpg
    A1.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 71
  • A2.jpg
    A2.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 63
  • A3.jpg
    A3.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 65
  • A4.jpg
    A4.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 65
  • A6.jpg
    A6.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 70

johnnysart

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
So did you enter the contest at Adams?
I have spent the last few days cleaning the hell out of my truck for the commercial.
Lets see I used all Adams of course-
Shampoo, VRT, Invisible Undercarriage Spray Dressing, Metal Polish 1 & 2 Combo, Glass Cleaner, DS Clay Bar, and Patriot wax. Oh and since its been a few days since I washed her I also used rinse less wash. Hoa am I tired.

Btw - I love using Adams.

PS. Your truck looks AWESOME!!!

Last edited:

AdamsPolishes

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A shiny one
Thanks for the review and for giving us a shot at earning your "detailing dollars!"

Truck looks GREAT, and I especially love that 50/50 shot!!

RAtmosphere

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 3500 Dually
Engine
5.9 Cummins - 12,800 original miles
Looks great! 50/50 shots are just the best. You did an impressive job correcting. I do not use Adams I use Shine Supply. I just finished cutting and polishing my dually, Its of course black...and I am very happy with my results. I will have to put some pics up of the paint when I get my sealant on it. For an 04 with only 12,800 miles, you'd think it has had a repaint. And to most guys who dont "get" why some people take such good care of their vehicle, or use inferior products, let them see a vehicle done with the right stuff and watch them drop their jaws to the floor impressed.

OP
OP
FancyStancy

FancyStancy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Thanks for the review and for giving us a shot at earning your "detailing dollars!"

Truck looks GREAT, and I especially love that 50/50 shot!!

thanks, you guys have been great. Customer service is amazing with y'all. I try to get the word out about y'all's products as much as possible. Yesterday I saw a 2014 Stingray with some light swirls.. I left him a note lolImageUploadedByTapatalk1399472632.200981.jpg

OP
OP
FancyStancy

FancyStancy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Looks great! 50/50 shots are just the best. You did an impressive job correcting. I do not use Adams I use Shine Supply. I just finished cutting and polishing my dually, Its of course black...and I am very happy with my results. I will have to put some pics up of the paint when I get my sealant on it. For an 04 with only 12,800 miles, you'd think it has had a repaint. And to most guys who dont "get" why some people take such good care of their vehicle, or use inferior products, let them see a vehicle done with the right stuff and watch them drop their jaws to the floor impressed.

thank you very much. I absolutely love your truck. hopefully one day I can have a true garage kept show truck like yours.

RAtmosphere

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 3500 Dually
Engine
5.9 Cummins - 12,800 original miles
Garage kept yes...show truck....nah. I do go to shows, pay the entry fee, and ask not to be judged. Trophies dont do it for me anymore. Its more about just showing it off, and people wondering "how does he drive it that low?"...Its amazing how many people dont understand the whole "it lifts up to drive with air" thing...once they do they say "oh so it has hydraulics?"...No...air ride...same principal just alot cleaner to operate...LOL

scottyram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Okay, now that I have your attention..

No matter what mods are on your truck, no matter how nice your wheels are, go fast parts, amazing body work, lifted or lowered, it always looks better just a little bit cleaner. Even if you have a bone stock truck, clean trucks always stand out. When I first got into "detailing" I made so many mistakes. Things that looking back at it now just make me cringe. Over the past year, I have spend a lot of time into learning about detailing, and not just learning about it, but learning the sciences of it. Once I got a little more serious, I started to use the off the shelf (OTS) products. Don't get me wrong, OTS products improved my paint, but nothing on the level of the professional grade products. Recently, I decided to step up my detailing game and go to all professional products. I decided to go with Adams Polishes. Most of y'all have probably heard of them since they are involved in the forums. I was actually impressed with their prices. Now to the average Joe, spending 25$ on a bottle of wax or polish might seem crazy, but in all reality, it really isnt once you see the results. I picked up the full package to completely "paint correct" my truck (removing any minor imperfection in the clear coat which removes all swirls). I sat aside some time and started working. Immediately I noticed results. Remember, I said I am no expert, I was new to all of this. After some time, my truck was completely swirl free. My paint looks brand new. I actually had someone say my paint on my 10 year old truck looked better than their 2014 Jeep. None of these products are "dangerous" or "harmful" and are all very easy to use.

Adams does not just carry polishes and waxes, but also anything else you need for detailing. Very high quality towels, quick detailer, brushes and everything else. If you are a weekend warrior or a professional, you gotta check out Adams Polishes, I am now a lifetime customer:waytogo:
I am not getting paid or anything for this, this is the real deal from another dude here on the forums. I used to hear other talk highly about their products on the forums, but I was happy at the time with the OTS products. I felt I didnt need to buy the professional stuff. But biting the bullet and spending the money has proved to me I was wrong. I recommend you do the same

Following are some pictures of my paint correction process. I will keep updating the thread with reviews of their individual products and pictures of my truck. Feel free to ask any questions

Adam's Premium Car Care - Cleaners, Waxes and Polishes Made in the USA

Truck looks awesome, nice work!

What polisher and pads are you using?

Jak259

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Truck looks better than new. Did you use a porta cable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stegs

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Engine
5.2L 318 C.I.
very nice work, I too got into the "detailing scene" a few years ago. The autozone special wax was not going it for me. I went to chemical guys after reading nothing but good reviews on them. Im glad I use their stuff. There blacklight and hybrid v7 spray detailer makes my truck look awesome.

Keep up the good work and keep them clean!

shiney1.jpg

shiney2.jpg

Jak259

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
very nice work, I too got into the "detailing scene" a few years ago. The autozone special wax was not going it for me. I went to chemical guys after reading nothing but good reviews on them. Im glad I use their stuff. There blacklight and hybrid v7 spray detailer makes my truck look awesome.

Keep up the good work and keep them clean!

View attachment 28509

View attachment 28510

I just checked this stuff out. I'm pretty impressed. I wonder if adams has something like this? Maybe nick will chime in.

AdamsPolishes

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A shiny one
I just checked this stuff out. I'm pretty impressed. I wonder if adams has something like this? Maybe nick will chime in.

Which product are you referring to?

Stegs

Reaction score
Ram Year
1998 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
Engine
5.2L 318 C.I.

I have never used adams polishes at all, I cant say good or bad about them. But I will say this, ive used a lot of different types of products, meguires, mothers, turtle wax....then I moved into professional detail stuff from carbrite

Nothing I have used has come close to chemical guys. They only have 1 downfall, and shipping from California to Michigan is not cheap....but its awesome

love the v7 spray, blacklight, petes 53. I also use there microfiber towel laundry soap to do my towels, makes old microfibers feel and work like new

great products all around, prices are not bad either imo

WarrenRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
N/A
Engine
N/A
My Durango needs that kind of detailing. I love the mirror finishes! Looks great fellas.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
IMHO---This thread is a good example of the wide range of detail products that are available for us to use. There are many opinions on which are the best, longest lasting, cheapest, easy to use, etc etc. products. Although this section is sponsored by Adam's, there are many options for us to choose from. There is a wealth of information on the internet about detailing and detail products, ie; autopia and autogeek, just to name a few. I think the message here should be, use something that you are comfortable with, something you like the results after using and something you can afford. Some products are better than others and we can argue all day which is "best". However there is never an argument that your truck looks a lot better after a good detail. It also gives you an excuse to drink a cold one after you finished!!!!!
Jay

AdamsPolishes

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A shiny one
The chemical guys blacklight and hybrid v7

We don't have anything that directly compares to either of those, at least we don't market them as such.

I haven't seen any longevity claims from blacklight, but our Liquid Paint Sealant will last anywhere from 4-6 months.

For a gloss enhancer, our Brilliant Glaze is the ticket. It fills very minor imperfections while adding a TON of depth and gloss to the paint.

For the v7, our Detail Spray is comparable. We don't claim any kind of additional protection since putting a sealant over a sealant is completely overkill, but it does extend the life of whatever sealant and/or wax you have on the surface.