Best way to clean out buttons?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No it hasn't been replaced and yes I am aware of the issue with the 2018s. My last one was also a 2018 and I replaced the radio in it. I am going to be replacing the screen in this one down the road. I mentioned in one of my threads that the glue is the glue from the screen. It's not showing signs of delamination but it is.

I've removed the switch panel and tried cleaning with isopropyl and all it did was essentially remove some of the paint from the buttons. I've got to attempt to disassemble the switch panel to get underneath the buttons.. that's where the glue is sticking.

I did try electrical contact cleaner as well and it had no effect.
So sorry, that cr@p is a PITA to remove. I’m sure you’ll get it off eventually but tear up the cosmetic appearance doing so. Unfortunately the solvents needed to remove LOCA remove paint and deteriorate plastic. Hope you get them working or find a used switch bank that doesn’t cost a fortune.

OP
OP
nlambert182

nlambert182

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
When i saw that, first thing that came to mind was the sticky stuff that is used to apply Automotive wood grain vinyl.
The second thought was a delaminating radio.

Just this week, a video was posted that shows exactly how to disassemble the Auxiliary Switch Panel
Yep I watched the video and am going to attempt disassembly here in the near future once I have some time off work. Hopefully I can get it taken apart without any further damage. The glue has actually bonded the assembly together which is going to make disassembly a bit of a challenge. I did find one online (IF it's actually in stock) and will purchase a replacement if I can't get this one repaired. It's $142, so not the end of the world but thanks to the UAW strikes, a lot of these are on back order.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357