Post a Pic of Your Ram in its Spot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

metalchewy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 TRX4
Engine
4.7L
Still the original drive train in it? It looks to be in nice shape,hows the top on the little car. Being a 273/4 bbl/4 speed car it's a rare car,how long have you owned it.
My dad bought it in 75 from a wrecker using it to push around cars on the lot. I bought it from him in 2002 after it had a 15 year stint in the barn..

I never got to drive it before I bought it or when I was younger because in the 80s he caught my brothers racing it in the next county over ...

They are a bit rare. One of about 180 made. (273 4bbl 4spd convertibles) Black, black and black with the heavy duty suspension package.

I rebuilt the engine in 2011 and currently upgraded the rear to an 8-3/4 3.23 sure grip.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
My dad bought it in 75 from a wrecker using it to push around cars on the lot. I bought it from him in 2002 after it had a 15 year stint in the barn..

I never got to drive it before I bought it or when I was younger because in the 80s he caught my brothers racing it in the next county over ...

They are a bit rare. One of about 180 made. (273 4bbl 4spd convertibles) Black, black and black with the heavy duty suspension package.

I rebuilt the engine in 2011 and currently upgraded the rear to an 8-3/4 3.23 sure grip.
Damn older brothers huh,lol. :Big Laugh: Do you have anymore pics of the little car?

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

You should start a thread here,and post some pics of the car,that way nobody will say anything about pic's of it posted on this thread.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Nice, sure wish U were closer so I could stick my brain bucket unda the hood and "beg" for a ride, LOL. Definitely rare and a classic. As U said a lil dirty, but Nice !!!!!

I miss the days of simple. Sure all our purty rolling computers are neat, but the simpler days were just well simpler and nice.

metalchewy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 TRX4
Engine
4.7L
Nice, sure wish U were closer so I could stick my brain bucket unda the hood and "beg" for a ride, LOL. Definitely rare and a classic. As U said a lil dirty, but Nice !!!!!

I miss the days of simple. Sure all our purty rolling computers are neat, but the simpler days were just well simpler and nice.
Simple is 4 wires on the engine harness. Alternator, Distributor, temp and oil sensor.

Dial in the points and the carb and it runs for years without having to re-adjust. Not sure why the kids complain about points. ez peezy.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Simple is 4 wires on the engine harness. Alternator, Distributor, temp and oil sensor.

Dial in the points and the carb and it runs for years without having to re-adjust. Not sure why the kids complain about points. ez peezy.
I used to set the points (neva had a dual system on my Cheby) with a folded over match book cover, close enuf for dwell. ALways ran a good coil (hot coil) and good wires n plugs also, and checked my stuff with these good ole oldies but goodies: (forgot that important piece of chalk also) (since U play, I know that U know what U mark with dat piece of chalk) (hee hee). Bet U asked a millennial or Gen Z'er wat U mark unda the hood of an "older" ride with a piece of chalk, they have no clue.

IMG_0887.JPGIMG_0889.JPG

metalchewy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 TRX4
Engine
4.7L
I used to set the points (neva had a dual system on my Cheby) with a folded over match book cover, close enuf for dwell. ALways ran a good coil (hot coil) and good wires n plugs also, and checked my stuff with these good ole oldies but goodies: (forgot that important piece of chalk also) (since U play, I know that U know what U mark with dat piece of chalk) (hee hee). Bet U asked a millennial or Gen Z'er wat U mark unda the hood of an "older" ride with a piece of chalk, they have no clue.

View attachment 501659View attachment 501660
When I rebuilt it, I painted lines on the balancer so that I wouldnt have to soap stone it every time. 5 degree increments. 12btdc idle with Total advance at about 38.

Match book or rolling papers required to set a dual point. Adjust each side to 32/33 dwell, for combined around 29. Runs so smooth. Tried a pertronix for a week and took it back off and sold it.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ran my 396 13 BTDC, had to stay that way friggin Rochester POS Quad Carb, lol. Sometimes push a lil at 8 BTDC, but only when running on track. Normal day to day just stock at 13. Blew the 396, we dumped a 327 in there and played, etc., Ran that puppy till rings wore out, dumped in 2 gallons of oil and drove to junkyard, the old days, LOL.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I rebuilt it, I painted lines on the balancer so that I wouldnt have to soap stone it every time. 5 degree increments. 12btdc idle with Total advance at about 38.

Match book or rolling papers required to set a dual point. Adjust each side to 32/33 dwell, for combined around 29. Runs so smooth. Tried a pertronix for a week and took it back off and sold it.
We just used chalk, we be poor kids, no money, LOL. Somebody always had a pack of matches. Of course, U could time by ear, be close, LOL, if somewhere and no analyzer available, ahhh, the simple old days. Distributor just a PITA to get to on Cheby, not in front like Dodge.

Boy, the things we did and threw away, and not park somewhere, etc.,. Miss those days, just a simpler life. Last car I had before Military was 68 Cutlass Supreme, Ragtop with the 350 jetfire, smooth riding ride for sure. Should have barned that car, duh, dumb BOIRD.

metalchewy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 TRX4
Engine
4.7L
We just used chalk, we be poor kids, no money, LOL. Somebody always had a pack of matches. Of course, U could time by ear, be close, LOL, if somewhere and no analyzer available, ahhh, the simple old days. Distributor just a PITA to get to on Cheby, not in front like Dodge.

Boy, the things we did and threw away, and not park somewhere, etc.,. Miss those days, just a simpler life. Last car I had before Military was 68 Cutlass Supreme, Ragtop with the 350 jetfire, smooth riding ride for sure. Should have barned that car, duh, dumb BOIRD.
That cutlass, being a ragtop is worth small mint these days. My neighbor had a 69 1/2 M code road runner he sold when he went into the military as well. He does have a 1000 horse 69 camaro in his back shop now though.

Ah, the things we had that we shudda kept.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That cutlass, being a ragtop is worth small mint these days. My neighbor had a 69 1/2 M code road runner he sold when he went into the military as well. He does have a 1000 horse 69 camaro in his back shop now though.

Ah, the things we had that we shudda kept.
YEAH, I sold that gem for peanuts, wat a DUMB DUMB BOIRD I was, as we all know hindsight is 20-20 or betta. I could find something around here to run, but they ask premium prices for stuff now, way outta my retired money sum ability. Besides, with Momma gone, putting any money I can into property. I got a friend who bought a 21 Camaro LT 1 with the 6 speed. He started talking selling,. I told him, is U crazy. Not a lot of them even around, and a 6 speed, keep it, or sell it to me. He decided to keep it, smart boy he be, LOL.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine

You need a dial back timing light,makes marking the balancer obsolete. I haven't used my dwell meter in probably 30 years now. Don't forget a vacumn gauge for setting the carb. The good old days of dialing in the timing in 2nd gear on a back road i miss those times,they were the easy days as Boird states. There were no redlight/speed on green camera's or cell phones,thank god,otherwise some of us would still be viral video's :cheers: :signs1:

metalchewy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 TRX4
Engine
4.7L
You need a dial back timing light,makes marking the balancer obsolete. I haven't used my dwell meter in probably 30 years now. Don't forget a vacumn gauge for setting the carb. The good old days of dialing in the timing in 2nd gear on a back road i miss those times,they were the easy days as Boird states. There were no redlight/speed on green camera's or cell phones,thank god,otherwise some of us would still be viral video's :cheers: :signs1:
Been Around the block more than once with old mopars.

Most people don't know how to properly adjust and tune all three adjusting screws on this:
20220910_120703.jpg
RPM and vacuum guage are needed todo it right. A bit of lope in the cam adds some required finesse in the setting.

Timing light gets it close. Adjust by sound of the airflow from there. Double check total advance before tightening it back down after a test run or two.

(Carb is a little dirty on the outside. Will wipe it clean before the next time it goes to car club. )

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Been Around the block more than once with old mopars.

Most people don't know how to properly adjust and tune all three adjusting screws on this:
View attachment 501950
RPM and vacuum guage are needed todo it right. A bit of lope in the cam adds some required finesse in the setting.

Timing light gets it close. Adjust by sound of the airflow from there. Double check total advance before tightening it back down after a test run or two.

(Carb is a little dirty on the outside. Will wipe it clean before the next time it goes to car club. )
The good old AFB,once dialed in,they were pretty decent carbs,good enough the new style Edelbrock carbs are modelled after them,lol. Grew up around this car,and it had a pair of them on it,lol.My Uncle was the original owner of this car,and him and my dad were always tinkering with it in the 70's.

Attachments

• IMG_4235 (2).JPG
    IMG_4235 (2).JPG
    244.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4237 (2).JPG
    IMG_4237 (2).JPG
    248.3 KB · Views: 3

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Hey moderators get off your arses and approve my post. You're starting to be a little heavy handed again guys