Power loss issue. Cel 020B, 026B,020F

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steve Chancey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I’ve noticed a loss of power or the building thrust normally experienced. 2014 Ram 2500, 6.7 Cummins. 185K. To correct this I have changed both fuel filters as well as crank case ventilation cartridge. I have also replaced the lift pump in the tank. Experience a noticeable difference after fuel pump was changed but it appears to have slacked off to the same levels of power previously experienced. Over the last 200+ miles I’ve received these three codes once were as prior was getting the codes more frequently. Something else that I’m experiencing that I don’t remember it being present before when coasting Up to a stop sign/light at a slow speed in drive I can hear the engine idle surge with a steady rhythm. Similar to a small increase in idle and then return to a steady idle. Any ideas of what this might be would be greatly appreciated. I don’t have a lot of diagnostic equipment for this engine myself personally. I wondered if perhaps it has something to do with a pressure regulator.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
P020B = Injection Timing Circuit Fault Cyl. 2

Possible causes for this P020B code include:
Defective fuel injection solenoid
Open or shorted wiring and/or connectors in fuel injector control circuit
Bad fuel injector
Engine timing component failure
Crankshaft or camshaft position sensor (or circuit) failure

P020F = Injection Timing Circuite Fault Cyl. 6

Possible causes for this P020F code include:
Defective fuel injection solenoid
Open or shorted wiring and/or connectors in fuel injector control circuit
Bad fuel injector
Engine timing component failure
Crankshaft or camshaft position sensor (or circuit) failure

P026B = ISO/SAE Reserved

Unlike many other codes, when diagnosing an ISO/SAE code, the best that you can hope for are other stored codes. The codes and symptoms exhibited (and their severity) frequently play a critical role in a successful diagnosis of the ISO/SAE code.

Translation - Start with diagnosing why there is a circuit fault to your fuel injectors, then make sure your injectors are working properly and finally see if your crank or cam position sensors have a bad connection or have failed.